GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You need one thread for the idiots that insist on telling you what they paid at so and so place, or to get in an argument about the price or better yet to tell you to trike the bike instead of selling. Then have the other add so people who are truly interested, can contact the seller and make purchase negotiations.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Actually, 3 threads, the third so you can bitch about the idiots telling you what they paid and how you should adjust your price!:joke::joke::joke:

·
Registered
391 Posts
And one in the general section, to tell people to
look in the for sale section :p

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
And another to complain about the no shows and incomplete transactions

·
Registered
876 Posts
Man, you opened a can of worms!:shock:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Or you can just have the 1 thread, and ignore the bullshizzle as it rolls in, or let them handle it with each other.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
How about:

No one can post in a thread made by a seller.
If you want to ask a question or buy the item(s) then PM them for the deal.

The seller should also Delete the thread once they have a deal made to avoid others thinking the item is still for sale.

Seems to simple huh.
:shrug:

·
Registered
256 Posts
How about:

The seller should also Delete the thread once they have a deal made to avoid others thinking the item is still for sale.

Seems to simple huh.
The ST forum went to this way of posting classifieds.

It saves a lot of BS.

I would like to see that here.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
How about:

Seems to simple huh.
Thats the ticket!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
How about:

Seems to simple huh.
:agree:

PLUS, on one of the photography boards I read, one must have 300 posts and be a member of the board for at least 6 months to gain access to the for sale threads.

·
Registered
19,312 Posts
How about:

Seems to simple huh.
Rocky I agree 10000000000000000%.

How about it LaMonster

·
Registered
242 Posts
How about:

Seems to simple huh.
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Should be similar to Craigslist, in that the seller can only post and no one can comment. I have a friend that buys/sells motorcycles of all types as a side business. He pretty much stays away from this board due to folks hijacking the sale.

However, I must say it was very educational for me. I ended up learning from the squabbling and got a very good deal on a bike listed on Craigslist.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
It saves a lot of BS. I would like to see that here.
I wouldn't. It hinders accountability, has resulted in many Bad Deals and people getting screwed over as a result. Unless a seller reputation module is implemented into the forum software, the lack of feedback will prove disastrous on a board of this size. We have all witnessed the occasional bad deal as it is, and that is with open sales threads.

While BS should be kept to a minimum and even moderated/deleted out - legit questions and feedback should be kept public. The only people who would be reading it anyhow are those involved in selling, buying, or looking to buy the respective items, so it's not like it would result in a lot of chatter that people don't want to see... if they didn't want to - they wouldn't be looking at that thread in the first place.

Keep accountability high. :thumbup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is the buyer's responsibility to make sure he is getting a fair deal.

The buyer can negotiate with the seller. He just does it in private. And the seller can turn down his offer and go with the next person in line.

If a buyer pays too much for the item; he didn't do his homework.

Everyone with access to a computer can search and see how much bikes/parts are selling for. It's their responsibility who they buy from and at what cost.

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
So why didn't you "Trike" it or sell it for less money??

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :joke:

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Many boards will ban members if they make "non constructive"comments in for sale posts lots also don't allow bumps or "Nice Item" comments from anyone other than the OP and he is not allowed to do it in less than 24-72 hours after the last post in the thread.

Basic Rules

If you don't like the price someone is selling something for keep it to yourself

No free Bumps

No OP Bumps within 24-72 (Differs on boards) hours of last post by anyone in the thread

No posts Complimenting or asking for pictures or info PM the OP

Basically the only post other than by the OP should be an "I will take it" by the buyer

I am not sure Lamonster has time to police this so maybe that is why he has not made it like this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts