GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There must be a normal run cycle for each wing model? Are we getting toward the end of this model run, hasn't it been around 7 years now? :roll:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
The thing is that they are selling more of this model than ever before. Huge corporations like Honda are only motivated to change models by a sales slump. T.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think they'll just keep refining this one my guess it's about half way through it's run. Honda more than likely hasn't even recovered it's initial layout for the new Wing yet. Unless there is a radical new machine put out by a competitor they'll stay the course.

Personally I think the next generation Wing will be a hybrid with an CV trans. I believe I read somewhere that Honda engineers have come up with an enzyme or bug or something that will quickly convert any plant material into an alcohol. If this pans out ethanol is going to play huge part in the future. Dave

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If I recall, the 1500 changed AFTER BMW introduced the K1200LT.....Honda is making lots of $$$ on the GL1800 and i wouldn't anticipate a "major" change until 2010 ro so. Just my guess.

G

·
NJREF said:
If I recall, the 1500 changed AFTER BMW introduced the K1200LT.....Honda is making lots of $$$ on the GL1800 and i wouldn't anticipate a "major" change until 2010 ro so. Just my guess.
Hmm. With the product planning cycles, I would have to imagine a markedly different wing is well along its R&D. As to when it'll be release, well, your guess is likely as good as mine.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When will a new re-designed Wing be released?
As soon as MH figures out how to fix the left saddlebag release on this one. :oops:
Got mine "fixed" with a zip tie. Hope it holds. :roll:
Ride Red,
the hobo

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would tend to agree that development of the next Wing is probably already far down the path. The proliferation of the industry means projecting out several years for new product development, and with a product as complicated as the Wing, R&D takes awhile. I don't think we're going to see another run like we did with the GL1500. Technology and competition are progressing too rapidly now. My guess would be closer to 2010 for the nextgen Wing. That would also make it the 35th anniversary, so there would be lots of good PR in that.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
They will need to settle the clASS action lawsuit on the wobble so they can determine how much needs to be passed on in the price of the new model to recover any costs to defend the current model.

:yes:

Personally, I hope it isn't for another 3-5 years. I want to get some more miles out of the one I currently own. I will start jones'n for a new one if they come out with a GL2200 that has 175 hp, gets 45 mpg and has an 8 gallon tank.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the next model require at least one hand on the handlebars at all times for it to be operated. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.