GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fricken snow just keeps coming and coming. Last night I just finished cleaning my driveway from the last storm (~1 foot of primarily heavy stuff), now they just issued a Lake Effect snow warning for tonight and tomorrow (6-10 inches by tomorrow night). To add insult to injury, a noreaster is forecast for early next week and that could bring an enormous amount more. The snowbanks in my driveway are so high my snowblower (20 HP John Deere garden tractor) is starting to have trouble getting the stuff over the bank.

I don't even have time to sit on my bike and make vroom vroom noises.

:beer8::beer8:

I need a drink, or two, or...

· Registered
3,508 Posts
Been a long winter here in Mn so far. My area doesn't have all that much snow, but is been very very cold since November! -10 this morning.

Guy on the radio says, 52 days till spring, I want to smack him, Along with Algore in Washington who's saying we're all doomed because of man made global warming. :wrong:

· Registered
5,407 Posts
I feel your pain, keghead. I haven't even tried to get to our Wing barn. This winter really sucks! So much for global warming.:wrong:

Can anyone use some extra ice? We've sure got plenty to go around. People to the south of us, are in even worse shape.

· Banned
2,618 Posts
The fricken snow just keeps coming and coming. Last night I just finished cleaning my driveway from the last storm (~1 foot of primarily heavy stuff), now they just issued a Lake Effect snow warning for tonight and tomorrow (6-10 inches by tomorrow night). To add insult to injury, a noreaster is forecast for early next week and that could bring an enormous amount more. The snowbanks in my driveway are so high my snowblower (20 HP John Deere garden tractor) is starting to have trouble getting the stuff over the bank.

Keg,
We have a nice spot reserved for you to move to NC. Bring your John Deere with you...you will feel at home, except for no snow here

Ken

· Registered
2,547 Posts
Last night I just finished cleaning my driveway from the last storm (~1 foot of primarily heavy stuff), now they just issued a Lake Effect snow warning for tonight and tomorrow (6-10 inches by tomorrow night).
Just think of the calories you burned. :lol: I only have to mow the dirt about 5 times a year, and no snow shoveling. I try to flick channels on the TV remote at a high pace of speed, but I am still gaining weight?

Herb

· Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just think of the calories you burned. :lol: I only have to mow the dirt about 5 times a year, and no snow shoveling. I try to flick channels on the TV remote at a high pace of speed, but I am still gaining weight?

Herb

I didn't burn too many calories since I was using a snowblower mounted to a garden tractor that has a hydraulic lift and power steering. I have a huge driveway though, which takes a good while to clean out.

Snow shoveling is a highly overrated activity... I don't recommend it :lol:

· Registered
1,012 Posts
So here's a new contest. Enter your weatherman's snow forecast from Sept/Oct of 2008, enter the final snowfall at the end of April... Winner gets a free DQ Blizzard ... at Cats Cade...

· Registered
2,475 Posts

We'll find out soon it's almost :bow: Groundhogs Day! :lol:

· Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to hear of your plight! Down here we think some snow is kinda neat except when we get more than an inch and everyone ends up in the ditch.:eek:4: Wifey has a 60 degree/Sunny rule that she broke today so that we could test out the new V-Stream shield. 55 Degrees and she dressed up like ya'll in the great white way up there!:roll:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.