GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting itchy to do a couple of weeks away and would like to visit the south central US states, Alabama, kansas, Missouri, Arkansas. The question is this? How's the fall weather, storms, tornadoes,etc.
I realize the days are shorter as the winter approaches but is it warm enough for enjoyable day rides. We usually camp out in the summer but can motel it as necessary. Some local input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
215 Posts
In Missouri you can expect cool to cold mornings through October and into November, however, temps during the day will usually top out in the low to mid 70's to low 80's! You may occasionally find rain, some even heavy at times but usually we do not get the bad storms that come in spring and early summer. Depending on when you plan the trip you could probably camp most of October.

Expect Kansas and Arkansas to be about the same. Not sure about Alabama but it is far enough south that the weather will be warmer later in the year.

Mid-September to mid-November is my favorite time of year to ride.

Hope you enjoy the trip! Southern Missouri and especially NW Arkansas make for excellent riding and beautiful fall color. Kansas is fairly flat and open.

:biker:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
I would have to pick October. Not too cold not too hot. First frost is done and leaves are colored.

Jacket liner of a morning, off by 10 a.m, rest of the day is perfect.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Check out the Harrison gathering the first weekend of Oct. Great get together and Galute promises it to be the best yet!!!!!!! :bow:

·
Registered
858 Posts
October's a great month here...crisp mornings, warm afternoons, and bunches of well-kept twisties.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Okla. and go to Arkansas all the time to ride, great roads. If you get the chance ride Hwy 7 out of Harrison. another great road is Hwy 23, it's called the Pigs Trail scenic byway. As for fall colors, might be a little slim, been very dry so colors might not be as bright.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts