GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hide my pistol in a 2012 with the radio in the lower trunk housing box. right now its a great place to hide the pistol as most non GW owners dont know it exist with a bottom rug in the trunk>?? Has anyone considered this.. especially LEO's and Retired LEO's.

What am I to do If the wife forces me to buy a '12?? where will I hide my shooter??

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hide my pistol in a 2012 with the radio in the lower trunk housing box. right now its a great place to hide the pistol as most non GW owners dont know it exist with a bottom rug in the trunk>?? Has anyone considered this.. especially LEO's and Retired LEO's.

What am I to do If the wife forces me to buy a '12?? where will I hide my shooter??
Mine goes in the right glove box. What good does it do you in the trunk.
Kurt :nojoke:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mine's like an American Express Card, I never leave home without it. Besides, east L.A. is not the only place one might come in handy. I just carry mine in the bottom of my trunk when I'm riding and tuck it in my belt when I stop.

how about not carrying one in the first place???
or do you travel thru east LA often??

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm 55 years old and up to this point, haven't had a need to carry a firearm. Maybe I'm one of the fortunately few, but while I agree in the right to do so, I'd hate to live in a country where you have to just to survive...

·
Love The DCT
11,812 Posts

Problem with it being in the trunk is that it is not very accessible should the need arise. :doorag:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally Posted by ccsailor

I read that post, the guy wasn't asking for an opinion on whether or not to carry, but where to on a 2012.

·
Registered
556 Posts
if you cant reach it, why carry it?

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
When seconds count-Help is usually minutes away, comes to mind.

I'm 55 years old and up to this point, haven't had a need to carry a firearm. Maybe I'm one of the fortunately few, but while I agree in the right to do so, I'd hate to live in a country where you have to just to survive...
How many random, meaningless, rampage shootings are needed before you decide you are living in a world in which you need to carry

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its not a matter of reaching it I carry a Glock 40 when I travel. I really dont think I need it when i'm on the interstate on my person but would like a nice hiding place when I go into a store or such and not want to carry it on my person. I always liked the lower box to have it near me just in case of a break down or such and your pretty much at the mercy of another. Its just a thought I had as to where to put it. the right glove box or left for that matter is too small to hold the pistol. Its a problem really to not have a hiding place for your pistol. I would love to be able to strap it to the handlebars but after trying it doesn't work either.

As far as going to east LA i think they get bored and venture out away. There are people everywhere now looking for trouble. I dont plan to be a victim without a fight if necessary.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In the backside of your backrest? If your have a Utopia, use the pouch but just make sure the bag is on there good! When you stop somewhere, you can move the bag to your trunk without exposing the gun.

To the anti-gun people, please keep your comments to yourself since you opinion about guns wasn't asked.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I always carry my blankie... it makes me feel so secure.

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
its not a matter of reaching it I carry a Glock 40 when I travel. I really dont think I need it when i'm on the interstate on my person but would like a nice hiding place when I go into a store or such and not want to carry it on my person.
Which is exactly where you might need it, or in a restaurant or even in a church. No sense, random, rampage shootings are going on any time, any where.
I always liked the lower box to have it near me just in case of a break down or such and your pretty much at the mercy of another. Its just a thought I had as to where to put it. the right glove box or left for that matter is too small to hold the pistol. Its a problem really to not have a hiding place for your pistol. I would love to be able to strap it to the handlebars but after trying it doesn't work either.
Tank bag comes to mind but, that's not for me. Mines on me at all times.

As far as going to east LA i think they get bored and venture out away. There are people everywhere now looking for trouble. I dont plan to be a victim without a fight if necessary.
Then don't leave it on the bike!
Seriously here, if you ever need it, most likely you'll need it right now and stored somewhere other than on you in an easy/quick place to draw from will make you the loser. There's only one reason for a civilian to carry. You've decided you are not going to be a victim. Put it where you can get it and practice, practice practice.
You will do what you practice when it happens for real. If you have to think about the draw and you have to aim to pull the trigger, you won't because you'll already be shot!
The majority of gun fights are at a distance of less than 5' and involve an average of 1 1/2 rounds fired, which inticates you better be the one that gets the first shot off!

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
for those CMA members, can't see why you would need to CCW with god on your side.....
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Cuz they are both imaginary security blankets

:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:
Being saved years ago, while a LEO, did not make me dumber than I already was!
I'll carry til I can't pull the trigger anymore and most likely won't try to upset someone with such dribble as you two are.
Blessings to both of you and I pray you never, ever, are confronted with anything that makes your last seconds on earth a horrific nightmare, such as looking down a barrel just before the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Cuz they are both imaginary security blankets

:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:
Whole leash it! I'm dyin' here...

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts