·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this week, my wife and I were in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Tennessee - rented a cabin for a couple of days in the smokies

...the weather was terrific - as high as 49 Fahr but surprisingly,
we didn't see one biker out - not only in Tennessee, but on
the way back, Kentucky and Ohio just the same - no riders?

regards...Ken

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
And some people have to tie strings around their pant legs to keep the ants off of their candy asses! :lol:

That was probably uncalled for...but I couldn't resist. :oops:

·
Registered
610 Posts
the wife and I have spent a week at the end of july in gatlinburg for the last 4yrs. I'm not sure just what the deal is. In those 4 weeks you could count the wings we have seen on both hands and have a couple of fingers in change. :?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I was out last Saturday around Clinton and Norris (never saw temps over 42). Probably be out again tomorrow. Only 50 - 100 miles or so. Gatlinburg is not that huge an attraction to many locals, I prefer riding away from the traffic, sure will avoid the superslabs in these temps. Try Foothills Parkway on any nice weekend day - it is a steady stream of bikes.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
well, it was below zero here last night and it is now about 15 and snowing. Kind of hard to ride in weather like this, I guess I am one of those candy a$$es

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
BlueWing said:
well, it was below zero here last night and it is now about 15 and snowing. Kind of hard to ride in weather like this, I guess I am one of those candy a$$es
HARD TO RIDE?????
What's this hard to ride stuff?
Heck, in these temps, I can't even get myself to WALK the hunnerd feet
from the house to the heated shop
to put the Wing back together.
I'm goin' back inside and sit in my easy chair
until my candy A$$ gets nice and warm!:lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I guess those softies who live where it is warm most of the time call 40's cold and stay home.
I figure anything over freezing is cood weather to ride in the spring and as long as there is no ice or snow about I am good to go in the fall.
Being from Maine my blood might be thicker.
I KNOW if you are from Ontario you HAVE to have thick blood just to keep from freezing in the winter. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts