GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those folks with the right amount of foresight to get a spare FOB, where are you getting it? Your dealer? On line somewhere? And are y'all programming it yourself or having your dealer do it?

The thought of losing or damaging it in the middle of nowhere scares the crap outa me. Call me paranoid, but I think I have to get one.

Also, if it isn't too big of a secret, where are you stashing them? On your person, in gear or in one of the saddlebags that could be accessed using the emergency key?D

OH YEAH !! And what kind of price can it be gotten for?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
from the dealer for about $125. my dealer programed it for free but the flat rate manual lists .5 hours for the labor charge.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
I kept the tool kit from my old bike...its still brand new, never been used :)

·
Love The DCT
11,616 Posts
To those folks with the right amount of foresight to get a spare FOB, where are you getting it? Your dealer? On line somewhere? And are y'all programming it yourself or having your dealer do it?

The thought of losing or damaging it in the middle of nowhere scares the crap outa me. Call me paranoid, but I think I have to get one.

Also, if it isn't too big of a secret, where are you stashing them? On your person, in gear or in one of the saddlebags that could be accessed using the emergency key?D

OH YEAH !! And what kind of price can it be gotten for?
FOB can be found online for 89 bucks. Will let the dealer program it. Will keep it on person.

:doorag:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FOB can be found online for 89 bucks.
Where are you finding it for $89? The best I've found is $107.

I know that ain't much, but hey, it could be lunch out somewhere!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
$89......$107? You guys are lucky.....my BMW Grand America came with one fob and a second from the dealer was $263!

·
Love The DCT
11,616 Posts
Where are you finding it for $89? The best I've found is $107.

I know that ain't much, but hey, it could be lunch out somewhere!
Babbit’s Online OEM parts. I am not associated with them in any way. So far, they seem to have the best prices on 2018 OEM parts for the wing.

FOB is $89.03

:doorag:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Thanks Murf just ordered another set up fob & keys

·
Registered
367 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the FOB?

Scott

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
35111-mkc-a01

1 - 20 of 38 Posts