GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking around for a couple of weeks and would like to see if anyone has answers to these questions: I went to my local dealer 3 weeks ago to buy a 2004 Candy Red with ABS and of course, they didn't have what I wanted BUT there was a delivery coming in next Wednesday and I thought - no problem - I can wait 4 days. Well, Wednesday came and no bike - said it would be NEXT Wednesday. Still nothing. I was then told that it wouldn't ship until the end of May (When is riding season again?????) So, can anyone tell me the scoop on why nothing (unless I want white) is shipping until the end of May? I have called 4 other dealers and 2 said they'd have 1 (one!) that will ship at the end of May (the same as what my dealer told me) and the others didn't know when they'd have any. Can anyone tell me of any dealers relatively close to Atlanta that might have 1 before May/June? I've already put a deposit on one here, but was told that if I didn't want to wait, I could get my deposit back, buy a 2003 or wait if I wanted.....anyone have any suggestions???? Thanks for any and all suggestions!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but I was told by Honda that they stopped making Candy Red Bikes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a RED 04. They just call it Red though, not Candy Red, not Illusion Red, just plain Red. :!: and it looks, well, RED.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Interesting. I just bought a Candy Red '04. They had a non-antiskid fire engine red '04 sitting next to it on the floor. Lot of orange in the fire engine red.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wanted a Candy Black Cherry ABS and as in your case my dealer didn't have one. He told me he could look for one at another dealer and was able to locate one in about 15 minutes. Apparently there is some kind database they can access. In another 15 minutes he had made arrangements to get it from the other dealer. I think if your dealer really wants to make a sale he can probably find what you want.

Rex
2004 Candy Black Cherry ABS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I saw one of the Red 1800s and it's well, really Red! I have had plenty of bikes and they have all been red (or some variant like Wineberry) with the exception of my 1200 Goldwing that was Silver. I've had 3 1500s and they've all been red.

I have called other dealers and I spoke with 2 just today and I asked them if they do a dealer search - one was going to ask their manager and the other said they'd do it, but not to hold my breath......seems to me that they'd like to do whatever they could to make a sale and they would hunt around for one......oh well.....

I guess I'll be a holdout for the one that I want (the GREAT Candy Red)....sorry to disappoint those of you that would want me to buy some off color like yellow or blue (are those REALLY bike colors??????? hahahaha).........

If anyone runs across a dealer with an 04 Candy Red with ABS that is brand spanking new, drop me line.........I'd appreciate it!!!

Rabbit (aka Gene)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2004 Candy Red ABS sitting in my garage. I will say though, it was a major chore to get that sucker!!

Started off with Honda Direct Line last Sept or Nov after we cleared insurance on the 2003 we totalled in a wreck. No 2004 on hand and was put on a "call list." Check with my dealership from whom I had purchased my GL1500 and 2003 GL1800. Said they could deliver in a week. Made the purchase, but a week later, no Wing. Said I would have it by Christmas. Holidays came and went with no Wing. Said it was shipped on 16 Jan. But, no Wing. At the end of Jan said it would be June before they could deliver.

Check back with Hal and he found one in the Chicago warehouse - bought it on the spot and he delivered Feb 14!

Don't know what all the delays are for delivering the 2004's but they are there. You have to really hunt for them. Spending this much money on a motorcycle should not be so difficult.

Good luck in putting your hands on a 2004 Candy Red ABS.

Now if the weather would just warm up.....

Steve

G

·
0 Posts
Plano Honda, north of Dallas, found an '04 CBC ABS for me in New Mexico. They traded for some future draft choices, to be named later, and now I drive it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I've got a couple of dealers looking.....let's hope that something turns up! One called me today to tell me that he had checked Georgia, Alabama as well as the Carolinas - no 04 Candy Red with ABS - seems to be plenty of the 03's but I'd like to go for the 04. .....I'm still not giving up (at least not yet!!!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts