GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at them on line with what seems to be limited information about them. Visited a local store where they had a couple 2018 models on the floor. I wana see the real thing and take a demo ride.
Do they normally not appear for a few months of the new model year?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know the feeling. Up here in the Detroit area it was difficult to find one when I bought mine, and if you could they had nothing set up for a demo ride. I had to go down to Toledo Ohio to buy mine. Honesty everyone I spoke with gave you the feeling of, you need to buy this without a demo ride, or keep looking. They really had a attitude of not caring if you buy one or not. The salesmanship within Honda is terrible compared to Harley Davidson. All that being said, I love mine and it was worth the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
829 Posts
I guess I'll just have to calm my enthusiasm and wait another month or so till they get them in here.
Fred H. at this forum posted a video on his new ride on a 2020 GW. Look for it in the 2018 GW section. I say this because he said there was not a "big" difference in the 2020 from the 2018 & 2019.
That being said, there are sections in this Forum for each State. Look at Maryland and Virginia sections and ask if anyone near you would be willing to let you ride one of their bikes while they ride along with you on our Road Glide. That way you could get a feel for the GW and how it compares to your RG on a longer ride than a Dealer "test ride".
Just a suggestion.

Another suggestion is to find a local branch of the Coffee Cruisers. They are bunch of Coffee crazy riders that have a day each week they gather to have coffee at a different location each week and talk about motorcycles and evrything else under the Sun. They are a multi-brand bunch of riders, and you'll see bikes from the Adventure class to the Touring class, and everything in between. Great bunch of folks! They have a National Facebook page too where you can find a local chapter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gov. I'll look for the video. I've seen some of the other videos about the 2020. I can't imagine someone letting out their bike for a demo ride though. I certainly wouldn't unless I was selling it, and even then, I'm not sure how to sort out the joy riders from the interested buyers.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks Gov. I'll look for the video. I've seen some of the other videos about the 2020. I can't imagine someone letting out their bike for a demo ride though. I certainly wouldn't unless I was selling it, and even then, I'm not sure how to sort out the joy riders from the interested buyers.
I wouldn't let someone demo ride my bike either without me riding beside them. I mentioned them riding your RG while you rode their GW.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't let someone demo ride my bike either without me riding beside them. I mentioned them riding your RG while you rode their GW.
That's just it, letting someone else ride my bike who may not be familiar with how Harleys handle. They may not know how to act when a part fails. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
They may not know how to act when a part fails. Funny!
Seriously, the 2 times I swapped bikes and rode my friends bikes with floorboards were disasters.
I couldn't wait to get back on my bike. NOT used to boards. Could not get my feet around them and on the ground quick enough to suit me. Thought I was going to crash every time we stopped. Never Again.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
829 Posts
That's just it, letting someone else ride my bike who may not be familiar with how Harleys handle. They may not know how to act when a part fails. :cool:
Oh my goodness!!! I just spit coffee all over my keyboard. Give me a heads up at least Gunny. ROFL!!!!!!!!!
You have to own, or have owned, a Harley to fully appreciate that remark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts