GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just finished a 9 state 6,000 mile trip that lasted 22 days. We camped 20 of those days and only saw 2 Bunkhouses and 1 Aspen. We thought for sure that we would run across more motorcycle campers and were disappointed that we did not. We did however get bombarded at every campground with people asking us how "all of that camper can come out of that little trailer."

We had no problems with the camper and slept very well each evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We have a Bunkhouse.
Haven't used it this year because all of our trips were group trips and we moteled it.
We'll be going to Door County and the U. P. of Michigan next month. Then we;ll be using it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
We are here! Have a 2010 Bunkhouse bought used this spring. Week trip to S.D. Black Hills area was a blast! Planning another trip or two this year.

Only saw one other Bunkhouse in SD. Did see several other camper trailers. As you said always an attraction when you set it up! Draws a lot of attention from the campground.

R

·
Registered
513 Posts
Aspen Classic here and we will be heading out next month (Labor Day weekend) to Northern California. I suspect it's been too hot to camp and people are staying home. Who Knows?

Bryan

·
Registered
345 Posts
We traveled all through the Southeast in ours. Had 2 other couples, 1 had a Bunkhouse and the other a Kwick Kamp. Spent a total of 27 days on the road and camped all the way. While in Knoxville for Wing Ding, had 2 other BH in our immediate area. We don't normally see a lot of other people camping via motorcycle pulling campers where we camp.:shrug:

·
Registered
921 Posts
New to us camper

WE ARE GOING TO UPPER MICHIGAN TO PICK UP A BH CAMPER. WE WILL BE CAMPING ALL THE WAY BACK WHILE ALSO ENJOYING THE GREAT LAKES REGION. MEETING SELLER IN CLARE MI ON SEPT 25. THEN ITS A WEEK OF CAMPING SLOWLY BACK HOME. CAN'T WAIT, SHOULD BE A NICE TRIP :coffee1::excited:

·
Registered
155 Posts
WE ARE GOING TO UPPER MICHIGAN TO PICK UP A BH CAMPER. WE WILL BE CAMPING ALL THE WAY BACK WHILE ALSO ENJOYING THE GREAT LAKES REGION. MEETING SELLER IN CLARE MI ON SEPT 25. THEN ITS A WEEK OF CAMPING SLOWLY BACK HOME. CAN'T WAIT, SHOULD BE A NICE TRIP :coffee1::excited:
Why are you YELLING in every post you make? :shrug:

·
Registered
921 Posts
sorry i usually only use capitols when working so i forget...........

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Question for the bunkhouse campers....within the trailer after packing up the tent...is there still room for your personnal belongings....?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Question for the bunkhouse campers....within the trailer after packing up the tent...is there still room for your personnal belongings....?
The tent is located on top of the trailer. All of your personal effects are placed underneath. Very easy to access PE while traveling or when the tent is set up. It's amazing how much you can get in there.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
My wife and I just finished a 9 state 6,000 mile trip that lasted 22 days. We camped 20 of those days and only saw 2 Bunkhouses and 1 Aspen. We thought for sure that we would run across more motorcycle campers and were disappointed that we did not. We did however get bombarded at every campground with people asking us how "all of that camper can come out of that little trailer."

We had no problems with the camper and slept very well each evening.
Sounds like a great trip and I am jealous ! As far as getting bombarded with fellow campers while setting up ,so there is a downside to trailer camping. Bummer:?

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Brewster that first pix ??? Is that in campgrounds in Ohio ?? I think I been there !

·
Registered
921 Posts
Caps at work

They are more definate for they people at the manufacturers that i deal with when placing orders. For some reason I was getting a lot of mistakes in parts orders and started using caps, it all straightened up and don't get any mistakes now (crossed fingers) and i hope it continues. a lot of these errors i wouldn't find out about until I got to clients which is usually 1 - 200 miles away. then you have to try to explain to customer why you received wrong material and they have to wait another 3 weeks to fix their appliance...:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:

·
Registered
345 Posts
They are more definate for they people at the manufacturers that i deal with when placing orders. For some reason I was getting a lot of mistakes in parts orders and started using caps, it all straightened up and don't get any mistakes now (crossed fingers) and i hope it continues. a lot of these errors i wouldn't find out about until I got to clients which is usually 1 - 200 miles away. then you have to try to explain to customer why you received wrong material and they have to wait another 3 weeks to fix their appliance...:22yikes::22yikes::22yikes:
Not to hijack the thread buy I see where you are a service technician. From quote above, see where you work on appliances. Is this commercial or residential? Maybe both.:shrug:

I did this work myself for about 25 years. Got tired of the no pays so retired from it. Cheaper to work for someone else.:coffee1:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Own my own business, 95% of my work is for manufacturers so I don't have the problem getting paid, just a lot of trouble getting parts for all the new electronic controls and such. I cover a large area so I don't like having to go back on a second trip because some idiot at factory doesn't look at what he,she,it is shipping me. That's enough of that, this forum is some of my relaxation so I don't want to tie up the thread. Thanks for asking, I still love my work just get p/od at times...:shrug::shrug::shrug: I work on both...

·
Registered
155 Posts
We are here! Have a 2010 Bunkhouse bought used this spring. Week trip to S.D. Black Hills area was a blast! Planning another trip or two this year.
Hi,

Any one out there in Bunkhouse land if you can answer this question I would appreciate knowing the tongue weight, empty for both the LX and Queen.

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I am looking at pix of my own tonight, if I find it, the resemblance is uncanny .

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am interested in buying a Bunkhouse and would like to know if anyone lives within about a hundred miles of Clarksville, TN that owns one. I would like to meet and take a look at it to learn a little more about it before spending $3,600. (Clarksville is 50 miles north of Nashville along I-24.)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts