GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cmon Illinois people let's get some action started on the Illinois section of the forum.
Do Illinois people just not like to communicate, meet or ride together? :)

Doug

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't blame you. This state is messed up. hahaha

Doug

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Cmon Illinois people let's get some action started on the Illinois section of the forum.
Do Illinois people just not like to communicate, meet or ride together? :)

Doug
I assume they are all riding in Wisconsin >:):wink2::grin2:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they were in Wisconsin I would see them Rail.
I am up there in the Madison area off and on.
Maybe they are practicing there cornering skills riding "The tail of Illinois"
11 curves in 318 miles!

Doug

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
If they were in Wisconsin I would see them Rail.
I am up there in the Madison area off and on.
Maybe they are practicing there cornering skills riding "The tail of Illinois"
11 curves in 318 miles!

Doug
Can you show on a map where these curves are at? Maybe I can go there sometime. :wink2:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you show on a map where these curves are at? Maybe I can go there sometime. :wink2:

Steve, I can not show the curves on a map.
Just the sight of the lines not being totally straight on the Illinois map is just to frightening to look at. hahahaha

Doug

·
Registered
860 Posts
Here in my neck of Illinois we have a few of the main roads. Nice twisties but have to be carefully, they can have loose gravel on asphalt. Haven't had a chance to do any exploring to see what is out there. Maybe I should.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here in my neck of Illinois we have a few of the main roads. Nice twisties but have to be carefully, they can have loose gravel on asphalt. Haven't had a chance to do any exploring to see what is out there. Maybe I should.

We should get Jerry to show us some.
He has been on all of them I am sure. :)

Doug

·
Registered
860 Posts
For sure. He would know where they are

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
For sure. He would know where they are
Hey m2102....How'd you fair those twisters the other night? :surprise:
Hope all is well with you and your family and friends. Scary stuff.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey m2102....How'd you fair those twisters the other night? :surprise:
Hope all is well with you and your family and friends. Scary stuff.
we did way better than the west side of town. we are on the east side and aside from some wind and a little rain couldn't tell a tornado was in the area. infact one went through about 6 blocks south of us and was outside when it went through. didn't even know it did. I'd say we were very lucky on that one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is so sad what has happened to Illinois. This use to be such a nice place to live. Good paying Jobs, low cost of living and now they turned the whole thing upside down and are driving people out of the state. The wife and I are up in McHenry County, a beautiful area in Illinois. We are looking at Tennessee, Arkansas, maybe even Florida in the next couple of years. For now we do have Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri for some nice rides.

·
Registered
860 Posts
We've had the proverbial wool pulled over our eyes for a long time. A govrermrnt that only thinks of it self and how to pad their pockets. They no longer work for us, we work foir them through taxes and anything else they can squeeze out of us. The government in office noiw is no different IMO. Wife and I are counting the days we can leave this sad state. It is worse in everything any more.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was just up at Starved Rock State Park on Friday riding.
The roads through and around the park are filled with pot holes.
They are so bad that it makes it borderline dangerous on a motorcycle.
It is difficult to go safely through the once awesome "twisties" that are there.

Doug

·
Registered
860 Posts
Fixing roafds cost !onet. Money theory don't want to spend. Out of site out of mind. If they hsf to travel on them maybe they would get fixed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts