GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading off on a trip and I need a little more luggage space. I will be bringing a waterproof duffle bag and want to bungee it to the rear seat but cant find a good place to attach the bungees. What are the rest of you doing to attach a little more luggage space? Thanks

·
Registered
2019 GL1800
72 Posts
I use a motorcycle sized cargo net and stretch the net over the passenger handgrips. You can hook it onto the front and rear portions that protrude. The net came with hooks and I removed most of them. I left just enough hooks to also use it on my luggage rack .

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have the same bag as Bayrec in post #4. I made some straps that have plastic snap buckles and can install or remove bag in about 20 seconds. I then added a plastic coated cable that I can just insert the loop into the bike's helmet lock and now it's somewhat secured from theft, unless they have a wirecutter. I easily install bag when travelling or going to grocery store. It holds a lot.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I use these from Bass Pro. Loop one strap around both ends of each grab bar. Then fasten the straps to each other on top of the load and cinch down. They sell different lengths so depending on the size of the load you are always covered.

Are those plastic 'connectors', I'd be concerned about the part breaking and the strap coming loose if they aren't metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts