GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know this is a Gold Wing Dark Side forum.

I ask here only as a last resort.

I have a 200/55-17 on an '08 Fat Boy and am wanting to run a CT.

Does anyone know where (another forum?) that I may find some information on this?

Yes, I have tried several Harley forums and they appear to be very much against car tires.

I also searched the web but maybe I'm not searching on the right thing.

Already have car tires on an '07 Wing and an '07 VStar 1300. The info on these two bikes was readily available.

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Tirerack.com has them for Porches in 205/55/17. You would have to check the clearance of the fender and other things it might rub or hit. The MCDarsiders might just have the info you need.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
As I recall, there's not much out there for the HD. I know there have been some vintage type car tires made for the Harley and similar bikes. I saw one on a guys bike last Summer. I remember him saying it didn't handle very well. He had it on the front and it looked just like an early CT with a close traditional tread. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found some high performance sport tires in that size and like someone else said they're for a Porsche.

Anyways, my local tire guy is keeping an eye out for one.... from the "throw-away" pile. The idea being that I can get a free "take-off" to test before spending the $$$ and maybe finding out that it didn't fit.

Thanks for the replies.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I don't know if you have enough room for a 205mm. But here are a couple from that above link. Cheers....

ADVAN SPORT By Yokohama Tire

Size: 205/55ZR17
Speed Rating: Y
OD: 25.8
Load Rating: 1356
Side Wall Style: BW
Manufacturer Part Number:

THESE ARE INTERNET PRICES ONLY.

The ADVAN Sport offers performance at a very high level, giving not only excellent handling and steering response, but also exceptional wet pavement traction, a comfortable ride, and low noise characteristics. This tire is an ultra-high-performance tire with ultra-high speed capabilities engineered to match the capabilities of high-image manufacturers around the globe.

Our Price: $155.00

Quantity:

PILOT SPORT PS2 By MICHELIN TIRES

Size: 205/55ZR17
Speed Rating: Y
OD: 25.9
Load Rating: 1356
Side Wall Style: Black
Manufacturer Part Number:

An excellent choice for your high performance sports car, Michelin® Pilot® Sport PS2™ tires offer unmatched performance characteristics, allowing you to harness the full potential of your vehicle in both wet and dry conditions. Their performance capabilities make them the number one choice of the manufacturers of the world’s fastest cars. Features and Benefits * Highest Combined Wet And Dry Performance With two distinct tread patterns and two specialized tread compounds, the Michelin® Pilot® Sport PS2™ delivers the best combined wet and dry performance in its class. * Best-In-Class Cornering A Variable Contact Patch breaks traditional compromises by putting more rubber on the road during a variety of maneuvers, resulting in class-leading cornering and consistent straight-line performance.2 * The Confidence That You’ve Chosen The Best Michelin® Pilot® Sport PS2™ tires meet or exceed the discriminating standards of the world’s top sports car manufacturers including Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg.

Our Price: $164.00

Quantity:

·
Registered
16 Posts
k

One thing i've found in my looking for ct on my ultra is the wheels are too narrow for car tires. let me here what you find out. please. Quick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts