·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have never had Stones, but every other tire i have had has a stamped in number. 4 digit like 3106. Means tire was made the thirty first week of 06.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Same for the Bridgestones

week and year number
1st 2 numbers ==weeks
2rd 2 numbers ==years

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just checked the spare 709 down in the garage. One one side only, you'll find DOT followed by a 4-digit alpha-numberic, right after that is imprinted 3 letters followed by 4 numbers. The four numbers are as stated above, the first 2 are the week and the last two are the year. Mine sez VBB2804, so it was made in the summer of 2004.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diablo said:
Just checked the spare 709 down in the garage. One one side only, you'll find DOT followed by a 4-digit alpha-numberic, right after that is imprinted 3 letters followed by 4 numbers. The four numbers are as stated above, the first 2 are the week and the last two are the year. Mine sez VBB2804, so it was made in the summer of 2004.
thanks I thought thats were it was, just want to confirm it.

Is there such a thing as having a new tire that is too, old (date code)? I know the 709s and 704s tires came on the first 1800s.

if it has been inside all of its storage life.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I RV a lot, and the general consensus on those forums is 5 years is the max safe life of a rubber tire, especially if its been exposed to the sun and other weather. They don't live that long on my bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts