GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
NC no longer has inspection stickers. It is all done on electronic data base 90 days before your tags are renewed. No data base proof of inspection in last 90 days, no tags. Good system.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,999 Posts
Our inspection stickers go on the license plate.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Just wondering where folks display the state inspection sticker (if you state has one..that is).
I would suspect the location is mandated by your local authority..., and that's where it must be displayed. If there's no required location, then anywhere that it's readily visible to any authority that needs to see it.

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
I would suspect the location is mandated by your local authority..., and that's where it must be displayed. If there's no required location, then anywhere that it's readily visible to any authority that needs to see it.

What a great answer Brian...................... +1 on the post Count ;)

Anyway.......None In Georgia

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Just wondering where folks display the state inspection sticker (if you state has one..that is).
Normally they are placed by your Tag/Plate. I think Show Chrome has a chrome square plate that attaches to your Tag/Plate. I may have mine someplace if I can find it, you can have it if you can't find one. just PM me.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Inspection sticker?? :eek:4:
Heck, Alabama barely requires a tag or drivers license.

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Me nice too :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Here in TX they are required.

Mine was like his (on a plate behind / below the lic. plate).

I did not like it there so I removed the metal plate the inspection sticker is on and keep the plate in the trunk down where the GL2Way or CB goes. I can always pull it out if asked (and I have the paper work with me that matches the sticker number to my VIN number).

Mark

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
In Virginis your inspection sticker is supposed to be someplace visible as an LEO passes you going the opposite direction. When I bought my Wing the dealer put the inspection sticker on the inside of the left side running light pop-out on the lower front fairing. I didn't want to have to scrape that sticker off, so when it was due again, I tried getting several local sticker stations to mount the new one there. None would do so, I ended up takening it back to the dealer to get a new sticker. On the back road coming into my house, the State Police are bad to put a road check for license and registration, been doing it for years in the same location. Summer before last, I went through their check and after looking at my license and registration, the trooper asked where sticker was. When I showed him where it was at, all he said was "they'll put those things anywhere, have a good day". I've been through several road checks since, no one has said a thing about the abnormal location of my sticker. In Virginia, at least, all they really want is to find a current inspection sticker on there when they look.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts