GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '01 the temperature gauge has always run exactly dead center, that's on the middle mark. This is before and after ECM change.
I was wondering if this is where the '01's run. Some are saying theirs stays below the middle mark. Just checking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My '02 has always run half way between the middle mark and the next lower mark. This is before and after the ECM change as well. I wonder what the temp really is?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
This question is also addressed in "Questions to experienced GL1800 Techies", also on the GL1800 Tech Board.

I could have sworn that I had already seen this question posted once today, it took me a few minutes to find it again.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is the same as rchawk. Exacly halfway between the middle mark and the one below it both before and after the ecm change.

Ken
'02 silver

·
Registered
584 Posts
Temp. gauge

look, first of all, I just can't resist this." Mine usually just runs to the store and back" :D :lol: Now for an answer, mine is just below the 1/2 way mark, probably where most people's is.
Steve

·
Registered
287 Posts
rchawk49 said:
My '02 has always run half way between the middle mark and the next lower mark. This is before and after the ECM change as well. I wonder what the temp really is?
Same as above. :yes: But I did'nt need any ECM change. :s27: Best bike ever built by Honda. :rw1:

:rw1: :rw1:

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 01 runs the same as most of the replies here. Halfway between the half way mark and the next lower. That's after the ECM. Don't know what it was before the ECM as I didn't own the bike then.

Regards,

·
Registered
552 Posts
Justa be different, mine with a staggering 12.1 miles, seems to run between the half and the next tick up. '04, maybe cause it's new? Was 40 degrees out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
temp gauge

My 04 has 193 miles on it and the temp gauge runs on the high side oe middle mark. I have been concerned if this is normal or is it running a little hot . I wonder where it will run in july & august?

·
Registered
67 Posts
gauge

uh oh sounds like the o4's have a over heat problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My '04 has almost 1,000 miles on it and the guage runs half way between the center mark and the next lower mark like most of the above do.

Glenn

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
'01 same as above

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tempature gauge

My 01 has always ran a tick below the half way mark. It doesnt matter what the ambient temp is in summer or winter...always a tick below half.
32,000mi.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My 03 looks like the needle sits right on the hashmark below the middle hashmark on the gauge at all temps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
same as most of the above. I've had it go one tick above center a couple of summers ago when caught in construction traffic. Dave

·
Registered
169 Posts
'04, with 225 miles on her. Just slightly above the half mark. Never goes above that, but the outside temps haven't risen above 62 the last 3 days :cool:.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
My guage runs the same as others have posted on my 2004 with 4800 miles on it.

In some slow freeway traffic (20-25mph) the temp guage did go up to 3/4. The ambient temp indicator was at 104*F

1 - 20 of 23 Posts