GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a stealer yesterday looking at the new 2012 wings. The salesman showed me where the am/fm radio is now located in the hole in the trunk bottom and I obseerved there was no room in there for the CB. When I asked him where the CB goes he did not know. Anyone out there in Goldwing world able to shed any light on this, just curious.
Reg

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Not sure, but I think the CB goes in the same place, on top of the radio.

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
There is actually a fair amount of room under the radio we fit the GL2WAY down there

R

·
0 Posts
Remove audio unit (4 fasteners). Put in safe place. Install CB unit in space below the audio unit using the hardware provided. Connect all cables to CB and curve around as shown in the diagram (cables are pre-formed). Connect antenna. Re-install the audio unit on top of the CB and hook up cables from CB to audio unit along with the cables for the audio to bike CPU that you disconnected to remove the audio unit. Connectors are not similar so they can only be hooked up to the correct female/male plug. 20-30 minute job. Take an hour and enjoy the garage time. Honda has it all figured out, simple and bulletproof.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts