GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illinois riders must be shy or don’t do anything exciting on their bikes. I would like to post more but I’ve been dealing with cracking my right hip 2 years ago in December and have 3 screws in it. Still can be bothersome. I can feel the muscle move over at times but it is getting better. Last November had right knee replaced. It is a long recovery process but it is getting better, slowly. We had expectations of riding out to California this year, as last 2years, but with my joint issues we couldn’t go. I also have a blood clot in left lower leg Dr wants to remove and replace the bad spot but I keep putting it off. I’m going to have to do something as I think that it causes me to limp and believe it makes my right side recover slower. That’s enough about me how about you?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Arthritis in the neck causes serious pain in the right rear of my neck, right shoulder, right bicep and triceps. Getting better with stretches and exercises but it has greatly reduced my riding this year.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Ain't he!! getting old, just da** inconvenient :wink2:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we made it to sunny California where the sky is slightly over cast with haze from the fires and the temperatures are da** hot. I’ll take the heat over the winter cold back home. Since we got here, 3 days now out of 14, we have seen a lot of bikes out and about. It was 107* yesterday and of all the bikes, maybe 7-8, 6had on wattmeter weather gear and 2 had on bare arms. I sure wish I had my bike out here. Next time we come we are going to get bike here one way or another.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a few things that keep me busy, work, house stuff, and riding, and they all help keep my mind off all the endless list of aches and pains. As long as I'm still breathing and able to ride, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have a few things that keep me busy, work, house stuff, and riding, and they all help keep my mind off all the endless list of aches and pains. As long as I'm still breathing and able to ride, I'll be happy.
I sure wish you could have joined us for the WV ride. The roads, the weather and the company were all fantastic. Hope to see you next year for the Midwest Ride. GWDocs gathering next year will be somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Try to fi it in!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts