GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does this board seem to have slowed to a crawl, with regards to posting?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
The CT topic seems to have died down. A lot of stuff is coming up on the general board.

I have some air deflectors coming. They will give me an excuse to ride when I get them. I'm trying to get a guy at a shop I know to use a rear shock from a trike conversion he does to get me a Traxxion system in back. I don't want to take my bike down while I wait on parts shipped all over the country.

Florida will not happen for me. It's too far on super-slap and there's a couple of things I want to do around DC during the weekend. I'll try to find someplace for a good day-ride with my new gadgets! I'm going to Denver the weekend of 2/9 but if the weather is good, maybe I can meet you at the gap for a day when I get all my suspension stuff done.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom,

Believe it or not, I've never ridden the Gap. Been to the store, but it was a weekend and busy.

I have heard and believe that there are plenty of roads in N. Ga. that are just as much fun, if not more so. Guess I should try it once, just to see for myself.

Maybe I'll try to hook up with Yellow Wolf and let him ride my CT thru there a few times. Is there a way I can put a speed limiter on it? :lol:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
trialsman said:
Maybe I'll try to hook up with Yellow Wolf and let him ride my CT thru there a few times.
You could make a fortune on pay-per-view with that one.
For God's sake make it a weekend so I can come too.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
trialsman said:
Is it just me or does this board seem to have slowed to a crawl, with regards to posting?
I think everybody is afraid Hal will fire them if they get mouthy!

Seriously, I think Tom from Aztec was responsible for a lot of traffic. I sure hope he cools down and starts posting again.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arn Butt Bill said:
trialsman said:
Maybe I'll try to hook up with Yellow Wolf and let him ride my CT thru there a few times.
You could make a fortune on pay-per-view with that one.
For God's sake make it a weekend so I can come too.
A weekend it will be. I guessing our expectations will be different, though :lol:

You may be right about pay per view. Someone once wrote that he is the most well-know non-racer motorcyclist in the country. Might be true.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Again if the CT were worth a shi#
racers would use them-NOT

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
laen said:
Well, yeah, there you go spewing facts again instead of truthiness. Shame on you.

Other truthiness tales that I've heard through the years:

Smoking isn't bad for you; it's a government cover-up for biological experiments they performed on the population. They needed a scapegoat.

George W. Bush was in on the WTC attack and gave the terrorists safe passage out of the U.S. afterward.

I drive better when I'm high/drunk; I'm more relaxed and drive slower.

Helmets limit my hearing and peripheral vision; I'm much safer without one.

Loud pipes save lives.

Front brakes will make you flip over the handlebars.

Sometimes you gotta just lay it down.

NAFTA will create more quality jobs in the U.S..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
laen said:
Well, yeah, there you go spewing facts again instead of truthiness. Shame on you.
These racers of which you speak - do they use GL1800's?

You two didn't do to well in logic class did you? The fancy phrase is "ignoratio elenchi".

·
Registered
466 Posts
tomfranken said:
You two didn't do to well in logic class did you? The fancy phrase is "ignoratio elenchi".
And you DID?

How much logic can an individual be using when completely ignoring millions of dollars of research and basic mechanical engineering?

H

·
0 Posts
Is it possible that we have reached the end of the Internet as it concerns CT ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts