GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the forum for a few weeks, as work required me to travel. It was October, so I took the Goldwing hoping for some cooler weather. I have traveled the entire state of Florida over the past 2 weeks and it is still in the 90s everywhere.

It is hurricane season, so the rain is unable to be avoided.

I know some of you [re: CO, MT, WY, and the like] are at the end of your riding season, but here in Florida the best riding season is about to begin. I just wish it would get here already! :nerd:

Reactions: david vaughn

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Let's Ride!

Shucks, I noticed a slight decrease in humidity and off I went riding. I've adapted to the Summer heat and because I want to ride the GW I just get on out there and ride! It was just shy of 100 miles late morning and I'm good. I have replaced batteries in my Heated gear transmitter in anticipation of cooler weather here (go ahead and laugh you Northern folk) but we here in the South will get the last laugh>:) I do travel outside of Florida in the Winter thus the heated gear! Of course, North Florida is prone to frost and rare snow flurries. Ride safe all!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Come to Massachusetts and ride ............46* here today..........Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Reactions: techdude2000

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
No cool weather here, just flippin cold. Down to 18 last night, high of 41 today. :frown2:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Well, here in Surprise, AZ it's 81*F and the humidity is so low, my weather sensor just says "LOW". >:)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Snowing here in northern MN with a high of about 30*F tomorrow.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Big shift here in Middle Tennessee today. Overnight low was only 51. It will get colder. Over night lows in the 30s are just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Swept/shoveled a couple inches of snow off the deck this morning (so far). Might take one of the vintage snowmobiles for a lap around the yard just for early "bragging" rights. What a mess!! Nothing like they are getting in Montana and Dakotas, but getting the season(s) (heating/plowing) off to an early start.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Tampabay all I can say is “it’s a wonderful day in the neighborhood” 82° and low will be 68° time to ride! Just mount up and go for rural Florida ride today I’m thinking.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
60 this morning in Charlotte, getting up to 82 right about now. Beautiful morning for a 5-hour ride around Lake Norman and Lake Wylie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts