GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was going to install my Speedohealer tonight but I was wrong. I took out the right fairing pocket and the GPS controls but still couldn't locate the correct plug. I thought I've read something about removing the right fairing vent but I couldn't get it out and there was a plastic shroud blocking me from seeing into the fairing anyway. Is there any way to do this without removing the top shelter?

·
Registered
16,491 Posts
Honda sometimes changes their hiding places, but try this: Remove right side engine cover as if you were going to check oil level. In front of the oil fill and coursing from below to up behind the rear brake master cylinder reservoir will be a wire in a rather loose sheath, mine is grey. That wire is your speed sensor lead. You can trace it upward to where it enters a large vinyl boot behind and slightly inboard of the right air vent. I got to mine by removing the side trim and the cowl bolts and then prying my hand in there, but most folks resort to removing the vent and all to get to it. Just trace that wire, the plug will allow you to piggy-back plug and play it. I fastened my healer box to the rubber piece on teh rear of the right head/block area with velcro adn wrapped the excess lead wire and tucked in behind teh rear brake reservoir, Neat and handy.

Good luck!

prs

I thought I was going to install my Speedohealer tonight but I was wrong. I took out the right fairing pocket and the GPS controls but still couldn't locate the correct plug. I thought I've read something about removing the right fairing vent but I couldn't get it out and there was a plastic shroud blocking me from seeing into the fairing anyway. Is there any way to do this without removing the top shelter?

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
If I remember, the sensor has a white 3 wire connecter.

You can install the speedohealer by pulling the right fairing pocket and nav controls. Take off your seat and remove the right rear nut from the top shelter also. Gives you enough room to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts