GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the state, but can't remember where we were.
was taken in '85
would like to locate this on the map.

thanx,
geek

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Idaho, US12 along the Clearwater River. (And it ain't lyin', either! :lol: )

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It's actually along the Lochsa River at the Western End of LOLO Pass on US12. I have several copies of the same sign.

The Clearwater River is a few miles farther downstream (behind the cameraman).

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I rode this in July and it is in fact, US 12 in Idaho. Follows the Clearwater River from Lewiston down to Kooskia, ID. Great ride for sure. Have photos too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you all.

brought back great memories.

what i remember most from that stretch is that my wrists were sore after those 77 miles and the river. what a ride !!!

we had been out 27 days, started in minnesota, headed north from glacier, turned around in washington.

life is good,

geek

·
Registered
819 Posts
Us 12 along the Lochsa River heading east towards Lolo Pass. We have lots of these roads here in the Rockies. Don't tell anyone.......... it's a secret.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
You guys are all NUTS !!!!! :twisted:

That is the road between Aztec, NM and Durango, Co. Runs along side the Animas River !!!! :evil:

OOPS

You guys are right, Been over that many many times when I lived in Oregon and in laws lived in Montana... Great ride !!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Here is the sign in July 2006. My wife shot this as we flew by a group of riders posing for photos next to the sign. This sign is westbound. I believe the sign by glgeek was on the eastbound side. Someone let me know if I am wrong ...OK?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Road Runner,

You are correct. This is the sign at the east end, heading westbound (wow, got that out without confusing myself!).

Paul H.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Road Runner said:
I believe the sign by glgeek was on the eastbound side. Someone let me know if I am wrong ...OK?
you are correct, we were heading east going home (sort of).

just a little further up, there is a sign that says "last gas for ??? miles"

we stopped for gas at the little store across from the sign. the owners were from St.Paul, MN. that's livin'.

geek

·
Registered
63 Posts
That reminds me of a similar sign I saw on CA 36 leaving Redbluff last month, only it was for 140 miles. And it wasn't lying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts