GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering triking my '05 1800. A while back I got some info on the fly from a dealer here in South Jersey but it was really no more than a few booklets from different manufacturers. So as usual, whenever I need the real down and dirty info, I come here.
What should I be considering when it comes to models, manufacturers, price, etc.

(I hope I am not starting something akin to an oil/tire thread :shock:)

As always...thanks for the info!

Fire away!

·
Registered
109 Posts
where to begin

Some things to think about.

1. Installer is important.

2 Do you want solid axle or independent suspension.

3. Auxiliary fuel tank,{ most trikes only get about 200 miles to a tank}

4. EZ-Steer. [ most trikers end up with it].

5. You will get a lot more help from trike board members there is a lot of information out there.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Good installer = good trike,bad installer = lots of heartache. Try to find a reputable installer and if you have time read through some of the trike section. Im sure a lot of the questions youre going to ask have already been answered but ask away. Were all here to help each other.

B

·
0 Posts
...What should I be considering when it comes to models, manufacturers, price, etc.
You should be considering all the manufacturers and all the models, because no matter what you read here it will be biased toward what the poster rides. Only you can decide what is best for you. That's why you need to ride all you can, as much as you can.

As to the price, only you know how much you can spend. You can go bare-bones or you can buy every option there is.

the best advice we can give you is to be sure to find a good installer. when you find one you think is good, come back here and see if anyone has experience with them and can advise you.

Or course;) if you want to cut to the chase, just buy a CSC Cobra and forget about the rest.;)

(I hope I am not starting something akin to an oil/tire thread :shock:)
:eek:4:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Take your time and visit all the dealers you can, and if you have time try to visit all the factorys that you can work in to your schedule. This way you can see why and how they are built, and hopefully get to ride the different makes and models. As said before any info you get here is going to be slanted as to what I ride. By doing the homework yourself, you will be one happy camper. Now with all that said, if you need to know how this or how that works I am sure that anyone here will jump in and explain. All different makes and models are covered here.
OK I know it said WINGCHICK so I am going to assume that your knowledge of the inter working of a motorcycle or a trike is limited. That shouldn't be a problem because what you are doing is going by what you like to look at and how it rides.

R

·
0 Posts
I am not talking trike mfg, I am talking dealers. Stay far away from the only Champion dealer I know of in South Jersey, Bridgeton, NJ.
Don't ask me how I know, just avoid that place !

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ride em all. Takes notes! The color is what get's ya!:yes1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts