GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
You might be the first rider to buy D250s as a Wing replacement. Most get a tire that works

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
laen said:
You might be the first rider to buy D250s as a Wing replacement. Most get a tire that works
:roll:

·
Registered
42 Posts
D250's

laen, Why don't the D250's work? I've got 12,000 mi on my 05 and they look new with no wobble???? My brother got 19000 on his 04 250's.

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
They are lousey in the rain and don't track well in the rain groves

They last long-most replace with any other radial

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
What laen said!!!! They are OK on dry, but BAD on wet, painted lines, wet grooves and tar snakes! I am taking mine off after just 500 miles. Don't like to have no confidence in my tires.

You want them? I am waiting on Stones to come in - then you can have the Dunlops 50% off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now some of you guys with all the answers have me wondering why I'm still here. I have 17,000 miles on my D250's and have not once crashed or even come close because of rain or those dreaded painted lines. Maybe if I rode more towards the center of the road, directly on those painted lines, I could speak with more authority.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
From some of us:
There is no need to throw darts around here! Everyone describes their personal experience. If yours is different - that's OK, but I don't think it is fair to judge people' riding skills , styles and such with sarcasm, especially when you do not know their abilities (they could be better then you) :wink:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
There's also no need to ignore someone's simple question and start preaching to them about their tire choices. :wink:

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
Mike700 said:
Hal doesn't appear to stock D250's anymore. Where can I order them over the Net at a good price ? Thanks ! Mike700 / Oak Park, IL :)
Mike if the tires were in demand, HAL would stock them. They are not. You have other choices which are better tires. Do a search.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
laen said:
Mike if the tires were in demand, HAL would stock them. They are not. You have other choices which are better tires. Do a search.
So does HAL have a bunch of E3s in stock? I've been hearing nothing but "tire shortage" on this board and tires have been back ordered for months.

·
Registered
828 Posts
15,000 miles on my 250's. not a problem with them except they dont last long. This my second set. I will try Bridgestones next, just to see if they last longer...........Most likely not...........But no complaints on the 250 tires

N ga Rider

1 - 20 of 28 Posts