GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two controllers for my Gerbings liners. I looked at the Gerbing website....was wondering....WHERE is the best place for a good deal? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I doubt you'll find a "good deal". I've only seen Gerbing products on a special price one time. It was posted on this board by another member and was only a "deal" because a specific dealership was offering a 20% discount on all new online orders. Good luck, if you find them at a special price, post info here please.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Moto Italia
316 S. Buchanan Edwardsville, IL 62025
618-692-6770
Fax 618-692-6771

Talk to Judy, tell her you are a member of this board and let her give you a quote.

C

·
0 Posts
If you've developed any kind of long-term relationship with any retailers in your area that may help in your purchase. I very privately get 20% off from a Gerbing retailer. However, I have been doing business with him for many years.

That, like most anything else, is worked out through personal relationships over time. Most dealers standard (and factual) answer is they never discount Gerbing under any circumstances. I think that is how Gerbing wants the buying public to believe it always is and what Gerbing "demands" of their sellers. That way the dealers and on line guys don't "price war" each other and drive the prices down.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Venco Wings has the best prices I have found.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your replies, I have some good info now and will follow up on it.

·
Registered
883 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
And for another tidbit of information, Gerbings will discount for law enforcement. 15% but you have to ask for it and then they'll have a couple of confirmation questions for ya...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nimo said:
And for another tidbit of information, Gerbings will discount for law enforcement. 15% but you have to ask for it and then they'll have a couple of confirmation questions for ya...
Wonder if they'll discount military?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It can't hurt to ask. I found out at the D.C. International Motorcycle Show where I got my heated liner. The Rep said it was company policy. I know they sell a ton of heated gear to motormen all over the place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts