GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Candy Red that I wish to have the lower cowl and the exhaust guards painted to match the bike's red color. I called our local Honda shop and was told that they cannot get the paint. They have never had to buy any yet anyway. I called a couple of paint stores, gave them the numbers of paint code and told them it was US Paints products. They called but US Paints would not sell to them. They also tried to cross reference the code to a PPG paint as well as a couple of others and came up with nothing. Has anyone out there came up with this paint? If so where? I am stumped with this one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Honda Paint Codes

It is my understanding that Honda Motorcycle Paint codes are also listed with Honda Automobile Paint codes. Most any body shop that has their own paint mixing system should be able to mix paint to match your bike. The paint code for your bike should be on the inside of the fuel door lid.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Paupton,

You might give Andrew Preston @ Bushtech a call. I know that he does a lot of this kind of painting, and he really is a pro. I have seen his custom work up close and personal.

Just a thought.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Yes ... www.color-rite.com was where I was able to find the Illusion Blue to paint my trailer. Expensive, but everything seems to be anymore!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Paint Codes

I am in the process of getting my cowls and lower covers painted as well. I have a 02 Jupiter Candy Orange Goldwing. I get a 20 % discount on all parts and accesories. The Orange is a 3 stage system. Base coat, top coat and a clear coat. I talked to one paint shop and I need about a pint to do all three pcs. I would need 2 pints of color ($71.00 each) a clear coat color ($34.00) and some reducer ($11.00). For paint alone it willbe about $180.00. The paint shop quoted me $250.00 to paint the pcs. This is a lot more than I expected. At a cost of over $400.00 I am deciding what to do. I talked to our local NAPA parts house and they have a guy that is very good at matching paint and he said he could match it. He has the metallic silica flakes as well. He said tha paint was only about $22.oo per pint matched. He also said that a few people had him match just a urathane one coat paint and they had very good results with the match. This would be a lot cheaper. He also put me in contact with s local painter that he said was really good and did not charge a lot. He does mostly bikes so I am contacting him today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts