GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
hyper-lights

THEY ARE GREAT AND GET THE MOST ATTENTION OF ANY LIGHTS I HAVE SEEN YET.......GREAT INVESTMENT IN SAVING YOUR LIFE

F

·
0 Posts
I have a set from this place: http://www.lifebrite.com/products.shtml

Had them on my previous bike and transferred them to the Wing when I bought it. I have the LB100 series which worked great on my last bike. For the Wing, I've basically desabled the "flash" mode and have them wired into my trunk lights, so they flash in sync with the Backoff device. http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =478486026

Here's a pic of my setup:

There's a nice flat panel under the trunk where I mounted mine. Easy access to the trunk and tail lights for connecting. No holes to drill as I fished the wires up through openings where the pull handles are for the trunk and saddlebags.

Mike

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
While we're on this topic, I have had the experience of riding behind two different bikes with Hyperlites installed...one was a VTX and the other a BMW.

I noticed on both bikes that the lites were very visible but only when viewed from directly behind the bike. A few feet off either side they all but disappeared...especially during daylight hours. I guessing that when viewed from the seat of a tall truck, the same thing happens.

The "cone" of light produced by these lights seems to be very limited and produces almost no light to the side or above.

Is this typical of these types of lights?

F

·
0 Posts
DT said:
While we're on this topic, I have had the experience of riding behind two different bikes with Hyperlites installed...one was a VTX and the other a BMW.

I noticed on both bikes that the lites were very visible but only when viewed from directly behind the bike. A few feet off either side they all but disappeared...especially during daylight hours. I guessing that when viewed from the seat of a tall truck, the same thing happens.

The "cone" of light produced by these lights seems to be very limited and produces almost no light to the side or above.

Is this typical of these types of lights?
I would have to say yes. The light is most visible from directly to the rear and generally better at night. However, mine are mounted in a shaded area so daylight visibility is quite good as reported by others who have followed me.

As for trucks sitting high, obviously the closer they get, the more reduced the light will be that reaches them. If they follow at a reasonable, safe distance, they shouldn't have any problem seeing the lights either. The spoiler brake light is visible regardless of distance, so I feel I'm covered as best I can be in an unsafe recreation.

PS, the pic above was taken with a flash and the brakes lights still overpower it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts