GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
We are heading from Canada to California to do a couple of weeks of riding. It is our understanding that there is more selection of Motorcycle apparel in the USA and since we will be in California, likely Nevada and Arizona we are wondering where a good place to buy Motorcycle clothing. Will be looking for Rain Gear, Pull over boots, and a warm weather mesh jacket. So if you can help a Canuck out by giving us a few clues on where to go on our travels it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Beecas,

If you are gonna use the I5 corridor there are a lot of places you might want to check out. Everett Power Sports, Eagle Leather in Lakewood, Cabelas has good deals on frog togs on occasion. It is late so my brain is in slow mode..I'm sure someone will have more suggestions.

·
Registered
487 Posts
One Lucky Canuck!
Since your from BC you surely must have some sort of rain gear to start with. Try Skagit Power Sports in Burlington,WA.
It's located on the East side of I-5 as you are headed South.. Exit the Cook Road Exit and head south half a mile on the left.
You can turn at the KIA car agency then a quick 50' right and go south. Then it will be on your right.
I don't quite understand overboots for sure...(terminology) Pull on's maybe?. They have lots of Gear. You should find something.
Personally I like Tourmaster or 1st Gear products.. Sales tax rate is 8.2%.

For goodness sakes leave your weather at home....:nojoke:

Have a fun trip you lucky bugger.
:lol:
David

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Order it all from the Helmet Shop in Daytona Beach. They will send it right to your door. Reasonbly good prices too. With our dollar at just about par, it's even better. Just bought a pair of Alpinstar riding boots and Tourmaster Hi Viz jacket. They also carry Frogg Toggs in Hi Viz also! http://www.helmetshop.com/

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
If you have an American friend along the way or at your destination you could probably buy cheaper online and have your order shipped to your friend's address. No state tax in most cases if the vendor/shipper's address is in a state other than the destination state.

You could probably even arrange shipping to a motel along the way if you contact them first and prepare them to receive and hold your package. That might not work with some motels but most folks are probably not as cheap as I am when it comes to travel lodging.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Bruce,

As clothing sizes are not reliably consistent, I often try something on and then find the place with the best price. I always give the dealer, where I tried on the items, the opportunity to watch or come code to the online price.

Are you a standard off-the-rack size and shape? If not, you may also want to consider a little known clothing dealer here in the Vancouver area. Rubber Side Down (www.rubbersidedown.ca) is a small apparel dealer in Richmond who also does custom made motorcycle jackets and pants. I ordered a custom mesh jacket for my wife last year and she loves it. I also ordered a custom jacket from him at the Vancouver M/C show that should be arriving almost any day now. It's a new style with a hi-viz outer jacket that strips away to leave a mesh jacket for warmer weather. One of the nice advantages of custom is that you also get to choose the main body and trim colors.

I found that Seattle Cycle in Lynwood, WA has a good selection and they have been able and willing to match on-line pricing for me in the past. They are worth stopping at.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try Motorcyclegear.com it was previously called newenough.com. I have bought llots of First Gear, the brand I prefer, stuff there.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I've used Leatherup.com with great success. I've bought several jackets and boots from them. They're an online outfit, but I'd suspect you could find a forum member who can take delivery for you. It can save you tax, with free shipping. My experience is that their shipping is very quick(2 days for standard) on in stock items to California. I think their warehouse is in Arizona somewhere.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have used Cyclegear.com several times. They have locations throughout California. Also in the SoCal area my favorite store is Wingstuff.com. With them I would order the items and then pick up in person.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Guys
We are heading from Canada to California to do a couple of weeks of riding. It is our understanding that there is more selection of Motorcycle apparel in the USA and since we will be in California, likely Nevada and Arizona we are wondering where a good place to buy Motorcycle clothing. Will be looking for Rain Gear, Pull over boots, and a warm weather mesh jacket. So if you can help a Canuck out by giving us a few clues on where to go on our travels it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce
I don't know where you are in BC but you can get a mailing address in a town close to the border and have anything shipped there. I use kinek.com in Blaine. There seems to be a few companys out there so a Google search would help you.

Vin

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Chapparal Motorsports in San Bernardino, Ca. has a lot of stuff. But by the time you get there it will be too late for the mesh jacket to save your life.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Chapparal Motorsports in San Bernardino, Ca. has a lot of stuff. But by the time you get there it will be too late for the mesh jacket to save your life.
:agree: A motorcyclist's Home Depot...lots of choices for all types of riders.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Try Motorcyclegear.com it was previously called newenough.com. I have bought llots of First Gear, the brand I prefer, stuff there.
If you're looking for a variety of gear (not just jackets), Motorcyclegear.com is THE best on-line shopping. They provide good reviews and pictures and their service is outstanding. If you want to browse a large selection of gear in a brick and mortar store, one of the best in the SF Bay Area is Road Rider - 2897 Monterey Highway, San Jose, CA 95111
(408-227-6936.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts