GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being Scotch, I want to purchase tires at the absolute best price. Will use the Dunlop D250's. Anyone got a favorite mail order dealer?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Larry,

Right here is the best place. Look at the menu at the top of this page and click on "Store". The sponsor of this site as has an online operation "HDL".

They're good people to do business with.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You can also check at a trike dealer and maybe pickup a rear tire/wheel complete for less than the cost of a new tire.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good luck trying to find any tires out there for the GW.........

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I finally found a set of set of Bridgestones at www.americanmototire.com. They were out of every brand of 1800 tire but mine came in yesterday after about 2 weeks.

If E3's had been in stock, I probably would have ordered another set. I've got 13k on my front E3 and 9k on my rear and they have lots of wear left.

I wonder how many satisfied Dunlop customers that Dunlop is loosing over this current shortage of E3's?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
We are completely out of tires of any manufacturers brand.

Dr. Rob and I have a new set squirreled away for ourselves, and have given up on getting any more Wing tires till spring.

Right now, folks are settling for pretty much anything they can get.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
NL7U said:
Being Scotch, I want to purchase tires at the absolute best price. Will use the Dunlop D250's. Anyone got a favorite mail order dealer?
I think you mean Scottish.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
NL7U said:
Being Scotch,
Dictionary.com lists:

Scotch [skoch]
-adjective
1. of Scottish origin; resembling or regarded as characteristic of Scotland or the Scottish people (used outside of Scotland):
2. Sometimes Offensive to the Scotts

So, it may appear to be a derogatory term, albeit accurate.

Dr Kenilworth analyzes the Joke

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
salyzyn said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
NL7U said:
Being Scotch,
Dictionary.com lists:

Scotch [skoch]
-adjective
1. of Scottish origin; resembling or regarded as characteristic of Scotland or the Scottish people (used outside of Scotland):
2. Sometimes Offensive to the Scotts

So, it may appear to be a derogatory term, albeit accurate.

Dr Kenilworth analyzes the Joke
I've heard that the word Martian is offensive to a Native-Born Marsperson.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Have you thought of used ones? Now THATS Scotch (meaning cheap!).

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All Boots No Saddle said:
NL7U said:
Where to buy tires? I will mount them myself.
When you're done, let us know how things went for you. :wink:
It's a good thing that I am ordering my tires "pre-need", because the front tires for the GL1800 seem to be pretty hard to find. My local Honda dealer had all kinds of Dunlop D250's (front and rear) in stock for $319 including tax. Just across the street from them is a Cycle Gear store, where I ordered a set of Bridgestones for $216.57 including tax. True, they were not in stock, and, true, the front tire is backordered, but, since I still have a good 2,000 miles of my style riding (mild mannered Marvin Mikltoast) left in the present tires, I will gladly wait for the new ones to come in. I will keep y'all posted on the backorder wait.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
From what I read on this board, Wing tires are plentiful.
Danged if I can get any though. I wonder if my civil liberties and rights are being stomped on?...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
16,976 Posts
Great Grandfather Walker usta tell dad:

"Y' may a' heard it said that Scotch is what we Scotts drink.

Not a bit o' truth in it!

We drink good rye an' sell th' smokey peat laced crap t' outsiders!"

Great Grand "Daddy O'Friel" usta tell us (when he was sober enough to speak):

"We Irish makes an' drinks a' good bit o' wisky. Now, yer school marm may correct me an' say its "whiskey", but she should keep t' her right place as we Irish see fit not to put anything unnecessary into our wisky."

And by the way; Great Grandfater Walker's testimony carried over to the moonshine trade in this area of the country. "Moonshine" was the crap laced with kerosine, coal oil, mineral spirits, or mineral oil to give it the smoothness and sheen city slickers thought was quality. It was typically brewed from a nasty wort of near spoiled corn, cheapest sugar (sorgum mollasses dregs), creek water, and/or maybe just enough barley malt to perk-up the tired sour yeast mash again. What was kept for our own use was good corn wisky from the finest cured grains, maybe just a bit of barley malt, first run sorgum mollasses, the finest most active fresh brewer's yeast culture and pristine spring or rain water. Damn! Wish Dad had kept that still!

Whatever you drinks, donna drive th' GL1800 until Ye sober-up! :shock:

prs

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just bought my bridgstone tires at Wingworx. They were in stock so I ordered them on tuesday from Cal and recieved them on Thursday in Oregon. (ups ground) 279 for the set with shipping. I am happy.

DJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts