GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a set of dunlop elite 3 tires front/rear. Any reccomendations on where to buy them? Also where can I have them mounted in Southern California?

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Our sponsor here has a good price on them. I bought the set I have on my Wing from them recently.

Many forum members change their own tires. I have neither the equipment or skill to do that so I removed the wheels and had my dealer mount the tires for me. Their price is reasonable to mount the tires on rims taken to them.

If your Wing is an '09 or '10 with TPMS be careful who mounts your tires. The TPMS sensors are easy to break and expensive to replace.

R

·
0 Posts
I just bought a rear Dunlop E3 tire from the local Cycle Gear shop. They price-matched the lowest online price, had no shipping charges, had a 10% off sale going, and only charged me $20 to install the tire when I brought the wheel in. Ended up onlu costing me about $170.

·
Canuck
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Ask Rocky.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I buy from HDL if you watch the sales they will bet most all. shipping is very fast, great to do bissness with..

·
Registered
385 Posts
HDL is Honda Direct Line, the sponsor of this website and can easily be reached from the home page. I have watched their sales and gotten great buys on tires and other goodies as well as genuine Honda parts.
Tires are offered with free shipping and if you are out of state, no sales tax. Hard to beat the bottom line price and excellent service of our sponsor. Give them a try.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I want to buy a set of dunlop elite 3 tires front/rear. Any reccomendations on where to buy them? Also where can I have them mounted in Southern California?
The best price I've found for mounting was down the street from my house. They quoted me $15 a tire if I brought the wheel in. The place is called Cycle Doctor in Costa Mesa. I have not had them mount any tires for me, but I did try to have them mount a car tire, but they said the tire was too big, and could not do it. If you want to try them, I live about a 1/4 mile from them, and you could take the wheels off in my garage, then go down the street to get them installed, come back, and put them on your bike.

I've bought my tires from WingStuff, but they want $75 each to mount and balance EACH. I think I've also bought a set of tires from HDL. I too, have moved away from E3's because of the singing when 1/2 worn. I now run Avon's.

I've also had Rocky get my tires installed. He's just not as close, and I don't like riding 100 miles with tires tied to the back seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts