GL1800Riders Forums banner

Where to buy

2K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  WingWing 
#1 ·
Looking for information on best place to buy 2007 Goldwing. Has anyone had any dealing with Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, Ms. on the internet they show 2007 Goldwing package one for $16,999.99 OTD. THen Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga, Tn. shows their 2007 Goldwing package one for $16,483 OTD. Any advise would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Lake Hill Motors, Corinth, MS

You asked. I know Dwayne one of the owners. I bought a Silverwing last Apr and a 2007 Goldwing last Dec. I dealt with Dwayne. Excellent prices, excellent service, tremendous store. Would highly recommend. He doesn't have to order he has them in stock. Maybe 20 Goldwings sitting on the floor. Ordered mine on Thurs and it was ready 11 AM Friday Morning. You won't be dissappointed. :D

#4 ·
A lot of people have had good luck with Southern Power Sports in Chattanooga, TN. They seem to have the best prices in the SE.
I found a dealer in FL that came pretty close to their price. After factoring in the cost of renting a car to get there, a night in a motel and meals the $400.00 difference in price from the FL dealer to the one in Chattanooga made economic sense to me.......Sometimes the hidden costs will dictate where you buy your scoot if your dealer will work with you.

#5 ·
Silver Meteor said:
I found a dealer in FL that came pretty close to their price. After factoring in the cost of renting a car to get there, a night in a motel and meals the $400.00 difference in price from the FL dealer to the one in Chattanooga made economic sense to me
Can you share the name of the dealer in Florida?
I'd be happy to go there next time

Florida $uck$ when it comes to Goldwing prices (and insurance and extended warranties and ... but, I digress)

$16,600 OTD vs $19,999 in Florida.

I rented a U-Haul for my truck ($39.00)
Drove north the ~375 miles.
1 tank of gas up and 1 tank back
1 stop at Arby's
Total cost: spent about $150 to save over $3,000

6 hours up and 6 right back (no overnight stop)
That's earning about $250 an hour for just driving my truck.
I would do it every week.

Dennis

#8 ·
I live about 2 hrs from Chattanooga. My brother-in-law purchased his Wing from Southern. What they show the price to be is exactly what it is. They also have a Triumph, Victory store. I purchased my Triumph from them. The Honda store is the largest volume dealer in the U.S. Just be sure you have your deposit down, they will tell you when to arrive. Plan on being there 4 hours. The bike will be uncrated assembled and rolled out for you. Don't expect it to be gassed up. I certainly would purchase again from them. They gave me a 100.00 in store gift certificate for returning the CSI survey. That was the Triumph Dealer. Good Luck!

#9 ·
wingwing wrote:
It was Rick Case Honda and this was in 2005. Don't know what prices are now.
A couple of things happened with Rick Case Honda. One thing I caught right away (scratch on mirror housing) and they ordered a new part the other I didn't catch (was brought to my attention) until almost a year later. That was the seat that was suppose to have come with the bike. The silver 2005 was to have come with a carbon fiber type seat and mine had a plain seat. Someone swapped seats at the time of assembly and by the time I discovered this (year later) it was too late to say anything.
So I relay this message to anyone wanting to purchase a Wing from Rick Case to know going in what your bike is suppose to have included with it.
I still may write to Rick Case and advise them of this but I think it will be like pi$$ing into the wind....especially after this length of time.

#11 ·
You don't say where you are from but Hal's price on a "07 black leveli is $16,998. That would be in Ohio. I have bought a lot from Hal at HDL and have not had a bad deal yet so if I buy another new bike it will be from him.

#13 ·
Check out Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR. They advertise their bikes on Ebay. Tina, the internet manager, is great to deal with. You can fly into Little Rock and they will pick up up and take you to the dealership in Searcy. The bike will be ready to go. I would buy from there again in a heartbeat.
http://www.sunrisehonda.com/

#14 ·
wingwing said:
Silver Meteor said:
I found a dealer in FL that came pretty close to their price. After factoring in the cost of renting a car to get there, a night in a motel and meals the $400.00 difference in price from the FL dealer to the one in Chattanooga made economic sense to me

Florida $uck$ when it comes to Goldwing prices (and insurance and extended warranties and ... but, I digress)

$16,600 OTD vs $19,999 in Florida.

I rented a U-Haul for my truck ($39.00)
Drove north the ~375 miles.
1 tank of gas up and 1 tank back
1 stop at Arby's
Total cost: spent about $150 to save over $3,000

6 hours up and 6 right back (no overnight stop)
That's earning about $250 an hour for just driving my truck.
I would do it every week.

Dennis
You can check out Lakeland Fun Bike Center -- I brought the out the door prices off the net -- similar to the places you listed and they didn't match them exactly, but got very close -- close enough I wasn't going to squabble about the difference. Plus they provide a loaner Wing when you bring yours in for service which is definitely nice. I've been very impressed with their whole process.

Good Luck!

#15 ·
I bought my present Wing from Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, Ms... i found them great to deal with.... I called after seeing their prices on the net..
I put a deposit on a CBC 2005 GL1800 over the phone.. when I arrived to pick the bike.. it was ready .. no hassle deal.. I would recommend them
BTW....I did request a signed buyers order to be faxed to me..

cosmic

#18 ·
Here local no one will work on a bike from Southern Power Sports . In fact i purchaced my 03 used and a dealer in Johnson city TN told me if i did not purchace from him take it somewhere else. We did drive to Lake Hill Motors in Corinth, Ms. and my brother purchaced a new one from them and saved 3,000 dollars over prices here !

#19 ·
DEPUTY DAWG said:
Honda of Sumter, S.C.
Ask for Ted.
Good folks to deal with and back up what they advertise

www.hondaofsumter.com

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
05 DARK GREY C.E.A.
Ditto! We took our riding buddy up to Sumter SC, leaving SE Florida Thanksgiving night, arrived first thing in the morning had a great breakfast at the nearby IHOP and paid $16,599 for a 2007 Black Audio GL1800. Ted states his prices are the same all year long. Check out his web site above. He was delivering 4 Gold Wings that morning. :D

Our two local Honda Dealers wanted about $4K more for the same bike. No wonder they only average selling one GL1800 per month. :shock:

Ted also allowed us to test ride his trikes in his parking lot while we waited, something our two local dealers would never allow!

Since our local dealer don't trust us with their $20K units, we won't trust them with our $20K in cash. :twisted:

Besides we tell everyone interested in new Wings how to save BIG bucks that we come across. 8)

#20 ·
I have to agree with some of the guys about Sumpter, NC. I spoke with Chris and they had the bike and at a great price. I finally bought from Sunrise Honda in Searcy, Ar but only because they were closer. Their prices were so close to each other it came down to distance. I was very pleased with Sunrise Honda in Searcy, Ar. I would/will buy from them again. Everyone there from the front door to the back door were so friendly and helpful and they had the bikes, I think they had all the 07 colors on the floor at the same time when I picked up my bike. Great service. Be sure to ask for Tina(Internet Mgr) if you go there. I bought my 07 ABS Dark Blue for $20,050 OTD (not including options which I had them to install, nor did this include tax and license which I paid in Texas) but I was able to get them to match Hondadirectline prices on all the options I purchased. Great bunch of guys there.

#21 ·
honda

I bought my bike from Southern in Chattanooga. As good a buying experience as I have ever had when getting a new bike. There is no excuse to pay more overall (including transportation, etc.) to get from one dealer over another. Beware of the dealer that wants to "match the price, but then throws in hundreds of $ in set-up and document charges. Get the total price out the door.
As far as service, I had a Honda dealer refuse warranty service (my interpretation) his words were "you go to the end of the line, and it is a very long line." My calls in order were to: Honda Customer Service in California, Georgia Attorney Generals office (Consumer Fraud) and to my county solicitor for good measure. Seems the Moss-Magnuson act covers situations like these. I'm not sure which of the calls did the trick, but the line turned out to be extremely short when all was said and done.

#22 ·
Re: honda

Analysttom said:
......I'm not sure which of the calls did the trick, but the line turned out to be extremely short when all was said and done.
Ok, but did you win the war, the battle, or both? What did you have done and how is working out? Has anything else gone wrong with your bike since that time?

#24 ·
I want to thank everyone who responed. Also want to thank Hal of HDL for letting me use his board. I did check with Hal about a Goldwing before I placed this topic his price was right on!! But I live in Texas and it a LONG way (1157 miles) to Ohio. You gave me the information I needed to make my decision. I am wanting for a responce from Sunset Honda before making my final decision. Looking forward to becoming a WINGER!!

#25 ·
I live in the DFW area and bought my '05 fro Southern... I have to admit that the ride home was part of the attraction, but I saved a good chunk of change on top of that... They push the accessories and "insurance" and extended warranty stuff real hard, but back off it you are firm... I'd buy from them again. The bike was assembled correctly and I've had no problems with it related to the setup and delivery process...

Your problem with this approach, of course, is that it's January and half the friggin' country is covered with ice.. ;)

#26 ·
If you Don't buy the bike from HAl-- Then Quit using his bandwith to promote other HONDA business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.