GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've seen this discussed before but can't find it in search....
Finally got the little transponders for the toll road. Where are folks mounting them? Not thrilled with it being mounted on inside of windshield. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I put mine under the lid on the left faring pocket with the supplied double stick tape.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
springbike said:
I put mine under the lid on the left faring pocket with the supplied double stick tape.
no issues with it transmitting to the sensors from there? I like it! Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bought a pouch for the right fairing pocket from Hal. Then I stuck my EZ Pass on a piece of cardboard and enclosed the whole thing in a zip lock bag and placed it in the larger, bottom pouch pocket so that the EZ Pass was at the top. Works fine, have the extra small compartment for other small items; and the whole thing looks cosmetically correct.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The EZ pass system reads it every time. A riding partner put his in a bag and ge has 6 toll violation letters. BTW- in TX they give us EZ Tags that are waterproof for motorcycles.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I have mine mounted on a Ram ball on the brake reservoir using a holder made by www.JJCYCLEPASS.COM and just take it off and store it in the trunk when I am not in an area where I need it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have mine secured with velcro in the lower center of the windshield and I painted mine with flat black paint.

·
Registered
707 Posts
My Oklahoma " Pike Pass " will not work in either fairing pocket or my "First Gear" jacket pocket. When entering or exiting a toll road, I take it out of my shirt pocket and hold it up in the air. Haven't got any letters from the state yet. Meby it needs a new battery, it should work better than this.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I just lay mine between the windshield & dash. I have done this
for almost 4 years. It never budges, except when I want to move
it. It has put some little scratches on the Tulsa windshield, but
having a black bike, scratches are part of the design scheme. :p

·
Registered
906 Posts
go to the carwash and get the removeable one(its a holder for the pass) it has sucktion cups on it and they come in different colors work great put on when needed take of when not!!!love mine got it in jersy saw one on a wing and asked the guy where he got it cost 5.00 want one and cant find email me will send u guys one !!!
:beer3:want pics just ask!!

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
superjett said:
go to the carwash and get the removeable one(its a holder for the pass) it has sucktion cups on it and they come in different colors work great put on when needed take of when not!!!love mine got it in jersy saw one on a wing and asked the guy where he got it cost 5.00 want one and cant find email me will send u guys one !!!
:beer3:want pics just ask!!
I like your idea,I have put one loose between the dash and windshield but like the suction cup idea.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use a ram mount square base off the brake res mount. My IPASS is velcro taped onto the ram mount base. The I did two zip ties in an X pattern for the safety tether.

It is angled and pointed to the sky in the same direction as the IPASS being on a car windshield. I have to roll up slow if there is a car in front of me in a manual cash lane.

4 years no tickets, but hey it is Chicago.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I left both sides of the velcro stuck onto the pass (the backing forms a nice pad against the windshield), and place it between the dash and windshield with the M facing the windshield. Then I lightly wedge a microfiber cloth (which I use to shine the bike anyway) between the dash and the pass and it has never even HINTED about moving. Everything removes very easily when I get to a rest area, and it all stows in the right locking pocket, leaving no trace on the dash or the windshield (not even scratches). Gets read by the sensors every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts