GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of mounting the heat troller permanent dual controller. The knobs are mounted on dash on either side of the audio buttons and the plugs for the vest and gloves are going to be mounted in a color matched panel that replaces the top shelter vents. I would like some ideas as to where any one has mounted the control box on the bick under or neatr the top shelter- dont think I have enough wire to gop under the seat and in any case with what I have under there there's probably not enough room any way. I have a quick disconect from my fuse box that allows my to lift off the top shelter without having to remove all the power wires etc.

Thanks

its 1x3x2 inches with wires on on both ends

·
Registered
534 Posts
I mounted mine on the right side panel. I don't have the Honda grip controller so I placed it near that location. Just took out the glove box, held it in location to see if it would clear the box and then mounted it where I found it would fit. I put inline Radio Shack dual connectors (same as one of the heated clothing people uses, don't remember which). So I can just pop off the left strip, remove the panel and unplug the controller, disconnect the key lock cable to remove panel. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mounted mine on the right side panel. I don't have the Honda grip controller so I placed it near that location. Just took out the glove box, held it in location to see if it would clear the box and then mounted it where I found it would fit. I put inline Radio Shack dual connectors (same as one of the heated clothing people uses, don't remember which). So I can just pop off the left strip, remove the panel and unplug the controller, disconnect the key lock cable to remove panel. Hope that helps.
Thanks I'll look there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts