GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this email from my plow service. Last year (2013) I rode every month. This year (2014) it looks like a riding season to start in late April...

No surprise that we are running into issues with where to put snow. Saturday’s forecast indicates the possibility of a fair amount of accumulation and your driver may be forced to make some decisions that could affect the amount of available space on your driveway. This may result, for example, in a two-stall drive narrowing down to one lane at the entrance. We will continue to do our best to keep the garage doors clear so vehicles can get in and out, but if there is no more room to pile snow off of the drive, we may have no choice but start piling it on portions of the driveway. Again, we will do our very best to keep your drive and garage accessible. In some cases, we may have to consider moving or removing snow piles but we will keep you informed once we have had a chance to review the situation with our snow management team.

On a lighter side: you know you are from Michigan when you define summer as three months of bad sledding.

Enjoy your weekend - stay safe!

·
Registered
226 Posts
06winger,
My grandma, who was from the U.P., used to say the same thing. They had 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding. I actually had a snowball fight in August in the U.P., with real snow from a pile at the edge of a parking lot.
As long as you have enough room to get your wing out, you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On our cul de sac there is no more room to put all the snow. This afternoon a front loader came and pushed piles of snow into the front yards just to make room for more snow fall. Looks like we'll have piles of snow still in July!
IMG_1791.jpg

·
Registered
928 Posts
Like everyone else I'm getting fed up with this white stuff. What i worry about is not where to put it, but hope it doesn't all melt at once. That would be worse than where to put it. Most of us old pharts have seen this before (in fact used to haul gas in it) and survived. Just that we had some real mild ones lately and we got spoiled. Hang in there, I figure the first ride this SPRING will be really appreciated. Take care, stay warm, and keep on plowin'.

Ride safely

Crabby Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts