GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So after $1300 i get my bike back tomorrow. Dead Starter and a few other things... trying to figure out a good Covid destination about 2 hours out from Racine...(staying in WI of course..) with my 1 up Passenger. Any suggestions... Usually like food but not really keen on restaurants right now... Thanks in advance!
dave

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
decided to hit a couple of Antique places..
I'm guessing that was her idea? 😀

Have a good ride wherever you go. Hope the bike is good to go, for you.(y)

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, its been laid up a long time. End of February until beginning of April changing out the Fuel guage meter panel (me doing it) and then i had to redo my front fork seals, and then it wouldnt start... lots of missed riding...Hopefully now can make up for lost time!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Something we've been doing here in the ovens of Arizona, is packing a small cooler with chicken, potato or macaroni salad and heading for the pine trees. No stress in finding an open restaurant, even roadside tables work quite well for these updated pic-a-nic rides. The pic below is from 2010, somewhere north of Madison on my way to Ashland.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Dave, hope you had a good ride.

I went down toward the river, hit a few of my favorite county roads between Diamond Bluff and Pepin. Spun on a little over 180 miles on the ZX-14 yesterday. Ran into just a tiny amount of rain, just enough to really screw up my clean bike. I had a great time ripping around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Dave, so sorry to hear about all the troubles you have had with your wing. I know some people would give up, and sell their demon, yet you have endured and kept stepping forward. You've also been kind enough to share your experiences, along with asking for help from the community to take care of your bike as much as possible. That is very inspiring!

Hope you've had a good ride today. Be safe.

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts