GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Planning on riding the final 4 states that will complete lower 48 and DC on 3 wheels. Finished up on 2 wheels back in '13 being a little slow since we've had the trike since spring of '14. Will be going to Oregon, Washington, Idaho and North Dakota to finish up.

·
Registered
7,731 Posts
I have no idea where everyone is going.

I'm going to the Sturgis rally! We have 14 days so we'll head there for the beginning of the rally and stay a couple days. Then we'll ride South and West into Colorado and Wyoming. We still have to map it all out. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I will be riding from Michigan to Yellowstone. Then down to Moab and back up to Colorado on the way home.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our problem is that we've had some most excellent road trips in the last several years, and it's getting hard to pick a good place.

Durango/Million Dollar Highway and surrounding area three years ago
South Dakota and general area two years ago
- and Texas Hill Country in December
Yellowstone/Beartooth Pass/South Dakota, etc. last year
27 trips to the Dragon/Back of the Dragon/etc
Too many beach trips (boring)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Not exactly a road trip, but I'll be taking the ten minute ride over to my son's house to build an addition onto his house. If I can manage to get out for a day ride on the motorcycle at least one day a week I'll be happy. ... I need to retire from retirement.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Completed the lower 48 last year. In 2020, headed to Sturgis for 4 days (5th trip). From there to Colorado to ride the Million Dollar Highway; Texas to ride the Twisted Sisters; to Natchez MISS TO ride the Natchez Trace Parkway to Nashville, then home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
Glockjock in April...

Philippines in June and July. Hope to rent a Honda 125cc motorcycle this time. Never available before in Ormoc City, Leyte. Not a scooter either. Wish they would have something with more power, but at least i will be riding i hope. :cool:
My lawnmower has more horsepower(21hp).

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I'm planning on Rockies Gold 2020 - 5 days
Ohio Darksiders Spring Ride In plus some time further east - 10 days
Rogers Ride In for at least 1 day
Smackdab281. It runs from the geographic center of he United States to the geographic center of North America and it happens every year in June. Anyone else want to come? Goldwings are terribly under represented.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
To many irons in the fire for our normal Summer road trip this year. Beside all the GWRRA rides my Chapter has going on, we'll do the normal 7 or 8 weekend trips up to Yellowstone. We also plan on doing the Montana POW/MIA ride from Helena to West Yellowstone the third weekend in August, maybe the GWRRA rally at Four Corners, we want to try and make it for Rockies Gold, and of course we've got the Best of the Great Northwest Meet & Greet here. So, a lot of long weekend stuff, just not the two week ride around multiple States.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have a 33-day Road Trip to the West Coast planned for 2020. We plan to visit 9-National Parks:

* White Sands in NM;
* Channel Islands, Pinnacles, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Lassen Volcanic in CA;
* Crater Lake in OR, and
* North Cascades in WA.

We also plan to ride:
* The Arkansas Pig Trail in AR
* The Singing Road in NM
* Pacific Coast Highway 1 in CA
* Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area
* Lewis & Clark Trail, Jeremiah Johnson Pass in ID
* LoLo Pass from ID to MT
* Beartooth Pass and Highway from MT to WY
* Chief Joseph Scenic Byway in WY
* Medicine Wheel Pass and Scenic Byway in WY, and
* Visit the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa IA

Just over 10,000 miles in 33 days!

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Where ever I point the bike......I'm a free spirit tour kinda fellow....joys of retirement aye.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I have a 33-day Road Trip to the West Coast planned for 2020. We plan to visit 9-National Parks:

* White Sands in NM;
* Channel Islands, Pinnacles, Sequoia, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Lassen Volcanic in CA;
* Crater Lake in OR, and
* North Cascades in WA.

We also plan to ride:
* The Arkansas Pig Trail in AR
* The Singing Road in NM
* Pacific Coast Highway 1 in CA
* Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area
* Lewis & Clark Trail, Jeremiah Johnson Pass in ID
* LoLo Pass from ID to MT
* Beartooth Pass and Highway from MT to WY
* Chief Joseph Scenic Byway in WY
* Medicine Wheel Pass and Scenic Byway in WY, and
* Visit the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa IA

Just over 10,000 miles in 33 days!
Here's a note for you, when you're riding the Columbia Gorge, stop and spend the night at Grand Coulee. During the Summer, after dark, they run water over the spillway on the dam, creating a white screen for a laser light show every night. From the visitors center, you can see the show and hear all the narration. It is well worth the time to experience it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
3 days after my wife's 50th wedding anniversary I am GOING to fly with her to Alaska-5 day tour on land and 7 day cruise on the Inside Passage back. About 3 weeks after we fly back it will be time to take about 13 days to head to Missouri, over to Colorado, on to Utah, back thru Southern Colorado and back to home in time to plan for the next trip on the Wing. By the way, first time to Alaska and first cruise so I thought I should do something special for allowing me to hang around for 50 years. She's a keeper. She's the one on the back of my Wing 10,000 miles of the 15,000 miles a year for the last 7 years.:cool:

·
IronMan
17,090 Posts
DEATH VALLEY CALF - JASPER TX - UTAH - MONTROSE CO (ROCKIES GOLD ) - MARIETTA OHIO ( DS RIDE IN ) BRYSON CITY N.C. - THESE I KNOW OF SO FAR .

·
Registered
486 Posts
Life is getting in the way for the nexr 4 years. My daughter starts college in September so only long rides on sundays in the New England area for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 57 Posts