GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Just registered/paid for a trip to the Finger lakes in New York with the Americade originators in September...... (The Dutcher's are the reason the Americade happens every year)

Ronnie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm planning on Rockies Gold 2020 - 5 days
Ohio Darksiders Spring Ride In plus some time further east - 10 days
Rogers Ride In for at least 1 day
Smackdab281. It runs from the geographic center of he United States to the geographic center of North America and it happens every year in June. Anyone else want to come? Goldwings are terribly under represented.
I looked it up and my wife pounced on the opportunity. Already registered for the run and made motel reservations in Smith Center, KS. for the start and Rugby ND. for the finish.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Leaving Tulsa May 29, first stop Mt. Rushmore and surrounding areas. Then over to Yellowstone, up to Bozeman, down the east side of Idaho and Utah, across Colorado with a for sure stop at Royal Gorge (special request from the passenger section )
Only 17 days to get all that in, so we have to pick just a few places to spend a couple of days, others will just be one day and move on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Be sure to ride US 16A from South to North to catch Mount Rushmore's scenic view framed through the tunnels. The Needles Highway is a must. Down through Utah, try to make Bryce Canyon and Grand Staircase Escalante and then over to Durango and Silverton area, Million Dollar Highway. Did this similar trip last year, caught the Royal Gorge, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Mount Evans, Rocky National Park, Black Hills, Badlands, Devils Tower, Chief Joeseph Highway, Beartooth Pass, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons then back down through Utah and Colorado and back to Texas.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Well Gang,
While it's more than likely not the way about 98% of you travel here, you see how we do it in the pic below. We, in many cases, don't have a destination when we take off for travel. We load the bike into the truck, hook things up to the motorhome and, take off. When we stop for a few days at various places, we off-load the bike and take off to points unknown to us. Part of the reason we do it this way is because, we have a 12 lb. mini Schnauzer that rides on the bike with us so, we're limited in time, distance and places to stay. This way we have our own bed to come back to. Load things up and head out for more adventure again, and again. I do like the fact that many of you can ride the tremendous distances that you do.
We've done the hotel thing and with a trailer behind the Wing. It was cool back then. But, we're both spoiled now. We have no idea where we're headed this summer. We'll see when we get there.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Two trips planned. Will do the Natchez Trace the second week in May (done it once before) and then in early September, we will do the Pacific Coast highway from San Francisco north to the Columbia River Valley. Will pick up the Lincoln Highway out to San Fran from northern IL.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nashville to soak up the Chet Atkins convention (CAAS) in July.

Palo Duro.

California...maybe, if I don't veer north and head toward Utah from Tucson.

I tend to ride more than I plan these things.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Going to Innsbruck Austria for my 60th birthday.
Going to ride the Dolomites!
7 days with the wife and running free, should be an awesome ride!
I snow skied that area a few year ago, (not on motorcycle) I have to tell you that it's beautiful area...Your going to love it! ENJOY!
Ronnie

·
Registered
405 Posts
The spouse has wanted to go to New England, so we have been planning. Maybe up the BRP then head for the coast. Our neighbors are from New England, so they will be our virtual guide. We will look for off-the-beaten path places (re: fishing villages if they still exist). Once we make it to Acadia NP, we will return home.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Two trips planned. Will do the Natchez Trace the second week in May (done it once before) and then in early September, we will do the Pacific Coast highway from San Francisco north to the Columbia River Valley. Will pick up the Lincoln Highway out to San Fran from northern IL.
You are probably aware, Nevada has a passport book you can get and stop in each town to get it stamped, then send it in for a certificate that you Survived the Loneliest Road in America. Get fuel and drink when you can, don't wait until you need it. The road is fun!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts