GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how we all love our wings but i have a question maybe the wing gurus will know the answer to. my wife and i have taken our vacation to DAYTONA BEACH, and we have to smoke out on the balcony. which i have no problem with. its just when im out there smoking, its HARLEY, HARLEY, HARLEY, crotch rocket, harley, lookalike, harley. i said DAYUM!!!! wheres all the wings?!?! i have seen 2 wings and they were old ones at that!!!! its like constant harleys! every now and then, a few crotch rockets roll by, then harley, harley harley. i saw one beautiful victory, all lit up real pretty! florida is definetly a harley state! wheres all the wings? keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
Goldwing riders don't go to Daytona Beach.
Try Key West.........:joke:

Really, I don' know.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
A lot of them won't ride in :
1. Heat
2. chance of rain
3. Sun too bright
4. too many bugs.
5. all the above

I try and stay away from cities, sticking to the back roads and small towns.
I rode down to West Palm Beach for Beverly's memorial service and only saw 2 GWs in 350miles.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Daytona Beach? Nothing there anymore. Can't even see the beach from A1A. Stop and go traffic............Why would anyone go there anyway?

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
They are all out west Saw tons more wings than harleys on my Vegas/San Diego trip a few weeks ago
You can keep the harleys out there thanks!!!:joke:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
All the wingers are out puttin on some miles. Harleys and crocth rockets are out bar hoppen and disturbing the peace and quiet!:22yikes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Daytona Beach? Nothing there anymore. Can't even see the beach from A1A. Stop and go traffic............Why would anyone go there anyway?

Close to dealers so they can get emergency service/repair....:shrug:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a question, why is it that people always compare ther goldwing to Harleys, HD makes lot of models, yet it is always Harley, Goldwing is one of the models of the Honda motorcycle. Now lets compare the Goldwing to the number of Electriglide's or Harleys top of the line tourer as Harley see it.

DanL

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I have a question, why is it that people always compare ther goldwing to Harleys, HD makes lot of models, yet it is always Harley, Goldwing is one of the models of the Honda motorcycle. Now lets compare the Goldwing to the number of Electriglide's or Harleys top of the line tourer as Harley see it.

DanL
Pretty much it. Goldwings are a miniscule market compared to others. As much as we like them they are but one Honda, and an expensive, big, heavy, missunderstood one at that.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
68 Posts
spent 6 days riding across ND, SD, Nebraska and part of Colorado and only saw 2 wings........

·
Registered
559 Posts
I suspect that a lot of wingers are not interested in the "lifestyle" happening that is Daytona. Wingers also generally don't cruise up and down roads as a raison d'etre. Some probaly don't go because of the crowds, the loud pipes, etc. People that are into that stuff generally buy harleys and crotch rockets.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Dairy Queen :p :joke:

When I am out on the Wing I usually head for back roads,mountains,and National Parks enjoy getting away from the crowds. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts