GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sales person lied to me and I'm still waiting for my GW.........
Ordered 25th Aug -told it was shipped on 30th - be here on the first of Sep...Gave them $2000 deposit

I'm told they have no clue when it will be here - and I found another dealer that could get one sat but I cannot get my deposit back!!!!!

I'm screwed - Thanks Tom Clark Motorsports and Lee Wadsworth - I was promissed a week to get and now it's over two weeks and of course had plans for a 9/11 run to Shanksville.

Joey from Mother Honda is trying to resolve this problem for me - I know it wont be here tomorrow so just give me back my 2000 bucks and I'll go away - just think I hav'nt swore or even raised my voice yet!

Any options or help ?????

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It's a little late now, but why would you give them $2k? Why not, say, $500? Then you could have gotten your bike from someone who had one, and wrestled with the jokers in small claims court later....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Why would you put any deposit down? It's not like they are hard to find/get or honda has them on a PDP.

Mike

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k7lvo said:
It's a little late now, but why would you give them $2k? Why not, say, $500? Then you could have gotten your bike from someone who had one, and wrestled with the jokers in small claims court later....
That's what they wanted - originally they asked for my 2002 Hayabusa.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pronomian said:
Why would you put any deposit down? It's not like they are hard to find/get or honda has them on a PDP.

Mike
Nobody has them in stock - To order from a warehouse in Virginia I had to put $$$$ down.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bluewoo said:
pronomian said:

Mike
Nobody has them in stock - To order from a warehouse in Virginia I had to put $$$$ down.
Ditto, I had to put $2000 down for the dealer to order the bike. That was only after I negotiated them down from 1/2 the price of the bike.. .YIKES!

It was worth putting up with that as I saved $2K from my local dealers.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Took from Dec 29 05 to Mar 24 to get my '06 from Southern Powersports..and then it was pricier than quoted. Oh well. 9000 miles on it so far.

Ride long and safe..and dunno if I would put up with that from a dealer again.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

W

·
0 Posts
Not in this life-time would I put money down for a product were a dealership has riders standing in line to buy a GL1800.

They seen you guys coming from across town, and now their using your downpayment to pay the kid to clean the johns................ :banghead:

Even if you left town, they could easy sell what's on order.

Then again maybe they realized they screwed you big time and figured you'd get smart and check the deal out down the street, so now, their in the driver seat.

Sorry to be so blunt, but this just another lesson learn.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Does the sale contract say "one week, you will have your bike?" If so, they are in breech of the contract. For their screw up, tell them you need $500 off the price for your trouble.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
Not in this life-time would I put money down for a product were a dealership has riders standing in line to buy a GL1800.

They seen you guys coming from across town, and now their using your downpayment to pay the kid to clean the johns................ :banghead:

Then again maybe they realized they screwed you big time and figured you'd get smart and check the deal out down the street, so now, their in the driver seat.

I'm not sure I understand the lesson. I paid $4500 less than MSRP and the deal was $1800 cheaper than the best deal I could negotiate from a local dealer.

I believe the reason the dealer was looking for a significant down payment is that he was "ordering" the unit from the Honda warehouse and didn't want to get stuck with a $18K bike on his floor that he was paying floorplan for. His model is high volume, low margin, and relies on not having larger than neccessary expenses in interest.

For me, the lesson was reinforcement that if you are a serious buyer (as evidenced by a substantial down payment) then the dealer is more apt to negotiate

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
If you didn't get their promise "One Week, two weeks, etc" then the only promise that you have, is that at some time, they will get you your bike.

Verbal contracts are a little stiff to prove in any court.

I would try to get them to commit to another date, and get it in writing as well as the fact, that if they do not perform, you can walk out of the deal with your money.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Cancel payment on the check if they have not upheld their end of the agreement. A deposit check should not have been deposited, should it?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sa1lng said:
Wi_Winger said:

I'm not sure I understand the lesson. I paid $4500 less than MSRP and the deal was $1800 cheaper than the best deal I could negotiate from a local dealer.

I believe the reason the dealer was looking for a significant down payment is that he was "ordering" the unit from the Honda warehouse and didn't want to get stuck with a $18K bike on his floor that he was paying floorplan for. His model is high volume, low margin, and relies on not having larger than neccessary expenses in interest.

For me, the lesson was reinforcement that if you are a serious buyer (as evidenced by a substantial down payment) then the dealer is more apt to negotiate
You are correct!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dicepilot said:
Cancel payment on the check if they have not upheld their end of the agreement. A deposit check should not have been deposited, should it?
It was cashed on Aug 25th a day after I wrote it!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Ask them to buy it from the other dealer or maybe they can swap some other bikes for you,,,,,,,That is a bunch of BULL PUCKY ( ice cream)....sorry ..........

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I ordered my '06 in October and got it in December. No money down.
In my opinion, some people are using the wrong dealers. There are some good ones out there.

Andy

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all your input . The dealership has 5 new and 2 used GW's in stock, But no Black navs thats why I had to order it from the warehouse with a big down payment. I was told a week to get no problem - and now they never had a clue when it was coming so a $20,000 piece of equipment just shows up when ever, no way to confirm , track inventory- they lied!

If you ever see honda bikes on a trailer just take em because apparently nobody knows where they are anyway!??

A far as a verbal contract - no writing that it is not refundable deposit either.

I never signed anything - just the down payment with a reciept- for 06Black GW NAV needs ordered.

I'll see what Joey from Mother Honda can get worked out for me in the morning.

Again thank you for your input guys and gals!!!!
Wish me luck

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andy Pearson said:
I ordered my '06 in October and got it in December. No money down.
In my opinion, some people are using the wrong dealers. There are some good ones out there.

Andy
Your right - it was the sales man who knew, But decided to tell me what I wanted to hear to get the sale "my hands are tied" is his excuse know!

My friend had a great time buying his V-strom there - I have not had any luck though.

Bike is in stock @ warehouse in Virginia - But no way to track the order?????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tracking order

When I was ready to buy my 06 in July, my dealer ( Honda of St. Johns in Portlan Or.) ( Gary Wheeler, GM of powersports) found me a Titanium premium sound in a warehouse in Chicago, and said for $97 it could be done. Once order was placed, he had a order number and a way to track it. There should be someway to find your bike. Hope all goes well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I guess things have changed since I bought mine. We ordered 5 bikes from Cycle Center in Denton, TX. Never asked for a cent up front and it was all over the phone. Just a fax stating I was committing to buy the bike. They ordered or swapped from other dealers and got all five within two weeks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts