GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a big thanks to Bulitt I have officially switched over. Time for a sticker and a cookie. :) I as well now have about 70 miles on the new Perelli.

Gotta say, after the first ten miles I got 90% used to it. It's not much different thana MC tire. Seems a bit more stable, like the bike is only doing what I tell it to do. I like that.

I gotta play with the pressure a bit. It's at 34psi now. One thing is that it makes my TPMS blink till it gets warmed up.

I did notice my speedo is now showing fast by about .5 - 1mph. I could not care less about that, no biggie at all.

About my last 10 miles were in the rain and the tire was scrubbed in. Gotta say, off the line I could treat it just like it was a MC tire on dry pavement, very nice. Here's the proof.

So how do I get that sticker and of course the cookie? :) :) :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Official Darkside cookie dude here. Ok here's the deal I am down in the wonderful mountains till Saturday a.m. (Smokies) Got a few left, otherwise next time your inWi. Look me up

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Official Darkside cookie dude here. Ok here's the deal I am down in the wonderful mountains till Saturday a.m. (Smokies) Got a few left, otherwise next time your inWi. Look me up
A reason to ride! I'm up for it, just got to figure how I can explain too the wife that taking the trash out really does take three days. ;)

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
A reason to ride! I'm up for it, just got to figure how I can explain too the wife that taking the trash out really does take three days. ;)
Got a big list of excuses. Like I ran out of gas, had a flat tire, terrible weather, and or my favorite ,,,,,,Well it's a BBQ contest and they asked me to be judge:twisted:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome aboard Fuse it didn't hurt one bit did it LOL Good Luck have fun :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes Fuse, enjoy the new tire! The cookies are worth the trip!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
PM sent...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Rail! Seeing that you're spending so much time "down south", I thought the following might come in handy for you while you're there. I spend quite a bit of time passing through to NC myself, might even be riding some of the same roads as you did when I leave for there next month, so...

Things I Have Learned in the South:

A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in the South.
There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one has seen before.

If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha.

Onced and Twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy!

Jaw-P? means Did y'all go to the bathroom?

People actually grow and eat okra.

Fixinto is one word. It means I'm fixing to do that.

There is no such thing as lunch. There is only dinner and then there is supper.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. Folks in the south do like a little tea with their sugar.

Backards and forards means I know everything about you.

The word jeet is actually a phrase meaning, Did you eat?

You dont have to wear a watch, because it don't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

You dont PUSH buttons, you MASH em.

You measure distance in minutes.

You switch from heat to A/C multiple times in the same day.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You know what a DAWG is.

You carry jumper cables in your car - for your OWN car.

You only own six spices: salt, pepper, Dale Sauce, Tabasco, Creole Seasoning, and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motor sports, and gossip.

Many think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday.

You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit a bit warm.

You know what a hissy fit is.

Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite pastime known as goin Wal-Martin' or off to Wally World.

You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no dang Driver's Ed. If our mama says we can drive, we can drive.

Hope you're enjoying your trip. Y'all ride safe comin' back home now, ya hear? :lol:

·
Registered
259 Posts
:congrats: Welcome Fuse, I see you even got the color right. :lol:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Hi Rail! Seeing that you're spending so much time "down south", I thought the following might come in handy for you while you're there. I spend quite a bit of time passing through to NC myself, might even be riding some of the same roads as you did when I leave for there next month, so...

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in the South, plus a couple no one has seen before.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. Folks in the south do like a little tea with their sugar.

You dont have to wear a watch, because it don't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect, or animal.

You know what a DAWG is.

You only own six spices: salt, pepper, Dale Sauce, Tabasco, Creole Seasoning, and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local high school sports, motor sports, and gossip.

Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite pastime known as goin Wal-Martin' or off to Wally World.

You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chicken stew weather.

Hope you're enjoying your trip. Y'all ride safe comin' back home now, ya hear? :lol:
Wow Pertnear knowd all dese already, dadgumit.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Sounds about right and why i love it here as much as I do !!!

You know what a DAWG is.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Rail how's your tire and pegs holdin up?

·
Registered
826 Posts
new language

GL1800Winger, glad to know you arrived on the Dark side and especially you are learnin to talk proper like, now if you will just learn to pronounce them words the rite way. Youall ride careful now and dont let them damp yankees put you down on count yur new vocabulary.
Andy, from southern Illinois:congrats:

·
Registered
826 Posts
cookies

Hi Rail 32, I have never gotten any cookies and been a darksider for 120K miles now, so I will come up to Wisconsin next week and see if there are really any cookies.
Andy:joke:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Hi Rail 32, I have never gotten any cookies and been a darksider for 120K miles now, so I will come up to Wisconsin next week and see if there are really any cookies.
Andy:joke:
Next week I can get ya cookies :thumbup: but i will be busy getting ready for a huge azz family reunion at my house on weekend. PM me for address and directions and cookies can be yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts