GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belly pan question:
HDL now carries two ... the Tulsa and the AMA.

It looks like the AMA pan is a new product.

Does anyone have any info about it?
(I called AMA and they said they used to make the Tulsa before Tulsa started making it "in-house" ...
They also said their new one was a little thicker and had larger diameter dzus fasteners).

The AMA is a few dollars cheaper but actually I'm looking for information about which one is thicker
... I'd prefer the one that provides the most armor.

thanks,
Dennis

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
I have the Tulsa two-piece...makes oil changes easier...

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Anyone ever had the bottom of the block break from road debry?

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I have the tulsa two piece, if thicker that's a plus. I like the piece of mind having it!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Not sure how I'd feel about someone making something for me and then turning around and selling it against me. IMHO.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lewis/EC said:
Not sure how I'd feel about someone making something for me and then turning around and selling it against me. IMHO.
Yes, I thought the same thing ... then was told that was about 7 years ago ... that seems a reasonable amount of time ..

Dennis

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Hazel, YES! Didn't have a Belly Pan!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hazle said:
Anyone ever had the bottom of the block break from road debry?
several years ago there was a guy posting here that caught a piece of metal that broke his case.The theory was that if he had a belly pan,the metal may not have caught on the block,just bounced off the smooth surface of the belly pan.

I'm more worried about the oil filter.I hit something once that I believe would have taken out my oil filter if I had not had a belly pan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts