GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an after market satellite radio. Am looking at a Delphi Roady 2 on Fleabay. Was wondering what folks are using and how they like it. And no I'm not going to buy a Zumo, already have a Navi (for what it's worth!).

Thanks,
Dick

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
When I had satellite radio I used a Roadie. It was excellent and worked very well. Just make sure that you get the waterproof cover that they have and all will be well. If you can't find the waterproof cover, you can use a plastic baggie with a rubber band.

I really enjoyed mine. Had it for years.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
silence is golden. Do not need a radio while riding

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an older Sirius. It mounts like a radar detector with suction cups to the windshield. It doesn't make much difference if you go with Sirius or XM since the merger. They have combined a lot of the music channels. I would look at the different motorcycle mounts and go backwards to decide which receiver from there.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Roady XT for me. Works great, but you have to buy one of the covers from Cycle Gadgets.

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
180 Posts
XM Commander MT

It is very small.
It uses a mini-tuner.
So when your not on the bike, you can use the same subscription in another vehicle or home.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've had a Delphi MyFi, Roady II, and now have an Inno 2. I liked the Delphi most as it had a big screen, and big buttons to change stations.

None of these are water tolerant in any way so I always carried a zip bag to put over the unit at the first signs of rain [sometimes at the expense of getting wet :oops: ].

Some of these units come complete with home and car mount kits and that can save you some money. All work about the same and need a clear view of the sky to get good reception. Some have recording features that can be a benefit when canyon carving or under the trees. I don't think the MyFi or Roady are being produced but I've seen refurbished units around the web.

S

·
0 Posts
You may wish to check to see if your cell phone supports www.pandora.com

if so - free radio with no commericals and you can also caputure to mp3 using media-capture (www.media-capture.com) also free.

I set mine record - sting radio or colplay - grab 5 hours of mp3s while I'm at work.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sirius Stilleto 2

This is smaller and dockable. It has mp3 player as well as wifi radio capability so you can use it in a variety of situations.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
When I had satellite radio I used a Roadie. It was excellent and worked very well. Just make sure that you get the waterproof cover that they have and all will be well. If you can't find the waterproof cover, you can use a plastic baggie with a rubber band.

I really enjoyed mine. Had it for years.

Hope this helps :thumbup:
+1 on the Roady. They do a great job!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Roady 2 for 4 years (50,000 miles). Never any problems. Just use a baggie for when it rains.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts