GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Haven't tried either of them. Don't really like the plastic models. My feeling is, I paid a hefty price buying the best bike in the world, why buy cheap add-ons. Not trying to be a smarta*s, just a general philosphy...

J.D.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you can find an insulated mug to fit these...fine, But I say go with the Butler. I have the smaller one. The big one is just too gaudy. They're not real pretty, but will keep your drink cold(or hot), for hours. JMHO

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you can find an insulated mug to fit these...fine, But I say go with the Butler. I have the smaller one. The big one is just too gaudy. They're not real pretty, but will keep your drink cold(or hot), for hours. JMHO
:agree: The Butler is works great.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I you have the money, get the Kuryakyn passenger for the back and universal for the front.

You will not be disappointed. But, they are pricey.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I just bought one of those passenger drink holders. It works fine. VIP price was $17.95. It's adjustable so I can also use it on the handlebars of my Heritage, which is a plus.

Only down side is that the bottle / cup is completely exposed to sunlight, so a bottle of water didn't stay cold very long.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Butler large size for me. It keeps drinks hot or cold for hours (use caution when sucking hot coffee through a straw...it may be hot :shrug:). Yes it is large and fugly but it works. Also Glassact is a great company to deal with. My first mug had a problem with the lid staying on. They sent me a replacement mug, lid, and straw. When I asked about shipping the other one back they said keep it. Here is a link: http://www.glassact.com/

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. :thumbup:
Currently I just wedge a bottle of water between the passenger seat and grab rail. I just thought one of these cheaper models would hold the water and be safer to put in the holder while riding as appose to wedging between the seat. Don’t think I want to spend $50.00 if it is not needed. I do appreciate the input.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Spend the extra money and get the Butler ( I have the large one) Will keep ice most of the day and youll be glad you spent the extra money.

:bow: Hydrate or die.......

·
Registered
384 Posts
The handle broke off my large one. Wonder if they would consider replacing it for me? Haven't found anything to fit correctly in the butler holder. Functioned quite well when she was in one piece.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The handle broke off my large one. Wonder if they would consider replacing it for me? Haven't found anything to fit correctly in the butler holder. Functioned quite well when she was in one piece.
Found one in a convenience store to fit,,,,but it was not insulated,,,,5 minutes today the cold drink would be hot...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used the big Butler model when I went from LA to DC. Worked well. I used it every day. It is certainly ugly but is very functional.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Found one in a convenience store to fit,,,,but it was not insulated,,,,5 minutes today the cold drink would be hot...
Sweatin right there with ya brother, know what you mean. Just used the link provided by The Captain,,,said they would get back with me promptly. So we shall see if a replacement is in my future.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want to mount a Butler to my RAM mount on the clutch side. Does anyone know where to get a combination like that?

·
Registered
556 Posts
or, you can go to Wal mart and buy one for $7.00, make a simple bracket for $5.00 and bam! pepsX drink holder :shrug:
I had this set up on my VTX and missed it so much i made one today. Ill paint the bracket black. I dont drink coffee, just water or gatoraid and a soda can, all fit just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts