Discussion Starter #1

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have just picked up a new-to-me 2012 with airbag. It needs fog lights. Any suggestions which fog lights to go with? I'd like LED lights. On WingStuff I see two. http://wingstuff.com/products/37526-tridium-led-fog-running-driving-light-kit-for-f6b-gl1800?context=gold_wing_on_sale and
http://wingstuff.com/products/37519-led-fog-light-kit-w-drts-lights-for-gl1800?context=gold_wing_on_sale

Thanks!
I installed the tridium led showchrome lights on my 2017 level 3 last summer. They were simple plug and play to install. I'm pleased with them. Three functions in one light unit, turn signal, DRL and fog light.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the tridium led showchrome lights on my 2017 level 3 last summer. They were simple plug and play to install. I'm pleased with them. Three functions in one light unit, turn signal, DRL and fog light.
Thanks DT. Appreciate your feedback. In looking at these fog lights, I was surprised to find they all have DRT. In my 2004 with fog lights (but not DRT), I always ran with the light on so they actually performed as DRT.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the Electrical Connection Ion fog lights on my 02 Wing. Like your 04's, they were just an on or off light unit. With the LED technology, there's a whole new world of possibilities.

·
Registered
25 Posts
�� SoCal. I swapped the lower cowl on my ‘08, to ‘12 so I could use rectangular lights and they look great. They are NOT driving lights but make me much more visible. Plus, they fill a previously ugly void!

Pic later today

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Clearwater Darlas. Interface to horn, go full on when horn is activated. Can be interfaced to the high beam switch. Adjustable brightness.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Being up north you might run into the brighter but cooler running LED lights frosting up more than halogen lights. My truck and the wing have more slung fog lights. A brief use of LEDs in my truck uncovered the issue. I kept the halogens for the wing and retired the LEDs from the truck. They are hotter that extra heat is nice to clear them of icy splash that tends to freeze over. I do run LED headlights though and manually clear them as needed. I ride year round so snow and ice is something I face often.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Soontobeone

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Has anybody tried the Electrical Connections HID fog lights? https://electricalconnection.com/in...1800-f6b-valkyrie-1218-series-cowl-light-kit/

I like EC, but these lights don't appear to have what the others have - turn signals, DRL and fog light.

(Edit - I posted this a moment after grayelky posted about EC above. My question still stands about fog lights with turns signals and DRL. Like Tridium in my first post.)

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tridium

On page 11 of this month's Wing World is an ad by Gene's Gallery for Tridium LED fog lights. Cost is $299.99, and they throw at no additional charge two GL1800 LED headlight bulbs. WingWorld has just the fog lights for $284.99.

On Gene's website it says the same thing, except the price is $279.99. https://genesgallery.stores.dealerspike.com/product.aspx?zpid=6455573

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Appreciate everybody's feedback. I'm going to go with the Tridium LED fog light. I like Lewis and EC, but his fog lights do not have DRL or turn signal capability, which the Tridium's do.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You'll like them! I used a long wire tie to fish the turn signal wires down to the LED's from the mirror light connection.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'll like them! I used a long wire tie to fish the turn signal wires down to the LED's from the mirror light connection.
Thanks DT. This morning I spoke to Gregg at Gene's Gallery. I asked him about hooking up the turn signal component of the Tridiums. He said exactly the same thing as you did.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for your help everybody. Ended up choosing the Tridium fog lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts