Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the other poll on same subject is about 2 years old and outdated, thought I would start a new one.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't know why you think things would have changed.

Ken L.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
06 CSC 96k

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Have a '07 with EuroWing kit. It's really my wife's, but she lets me work on it. :lol:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Trike Count

Ken, if my memory is correct the numbers are changing from the time Beastie did this tally a few short years ago. Humm, wonder why? (grin)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Ping Jockey,

is that an Earles fork on the front of your rig? IF not, who makes it, and how do you like it? Thanks for the info ... and BTW, that's a fine lookin' rig!!! This is my first acquaintance with one ...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If u wish to see the prior poll, click the attached image below and it will be large enough to read.

Don't know how to make it bigger on the post:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Yep, still driving my 06 Champion and love every mile we've put on it.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 GL1800 Dark Orange w/Champion kit

We bought our 2007 Goldwing and converted it to a Champion trike kit. It has been and was a good trike kit. We had the fixed axel and were considering the Champion IRS retro kit, but cost was something to think about. Unfortunately, a pickup truck decided that we no longer needed our trike so we are in the hunt for another trike. The three that I have picked is Champion IRS, Roadsmith and Lehman. The wife liked the Lehman & Roadsmith trunk door although she preferred the Lehman more. I have been thinking about the auxiliary gas tank but not 100% sure yet. I have heard about gas fumes but cannot find anything on that. The other thing I like about the Roadsmith is the axel is 8" behind the co-rider and that they use auto parts. Until we heal we will not be able to test drive any until this fall or may wait to spring next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I added a Can Am Spyder RT-S to my barn. Love it.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Ping Jockey,

is that an Earles fork on the front of your rig? IF not, who makes it, and how do you like it? Thanks for the info ... and BTW, that's a fine lookin' rig!!! This is my first acquaintance with one ...
That's Euro's front, I believe, they're only about $4,000

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Keep in mind that this "poll" is useful only to the extent that it may reflect/validate (?) your opinion, ...or not. It is by no means scientific and has no statistical significance.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That's Euro's front, I believe, they're only about $4,000
Thanks for that info, sir. I appreciate it. I'm guessing it might be good gear!

ogilly,

I can tell you that the 8 inches of additional wheelbase has made a very wonderful positive difference in our triking experience. We rode a GL1500 with a CSC solid axle kit for several thousands of miles and loved it. Our RoadSmith is IRS, which makes a big difference as far as ride is concerned. But the additional wheelbase is just as big a difference, in our opinion. Moving that rear axle that far behind the passenger seat changes everything, and in our opinion, changes things for the better! It really does make a big difference in our experience.

And I am in agreement that having the majority of major drive components of the kit, as well as suspension parts being automotive parts available at most any well appointed parts counter is a big plus!!!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It appears that the % of each manufacture has changed, over time.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ogilly0753,
IMHO, I would stay away from the Champion IRS. Early problems. Not sure they're sorted out yet. If you want a short wheelbase IRS:
1. give the Motor Trike IRS a look, or the DFT
2. In the extended wheelbase IRS your best choices are the HT1800(Road Smith), and Hannigan.
Like us, you had a Champion first. The 2" extra width of the Hannigan won't be a problem. It is the one we went with. The Road Smith is a great unit. Backed by the longest warranty We went back and forth for a long time between the RoadSmith and the Hannigan. It comes down to:
1. which trikes are close to you
2. which trike has the best installer
3. which style/options/cost match you wishes
Mike

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far, CSC and MotorTrike are tied for 1st with Hannigan a close second.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
So far, CSC and MotorTrike are tied for 1st with Hannigan a close second.
Interesting but meaningless in the total scheme of things. :joke:

I would be very interested in the total annual sales per year for each of the major kit suppliers, wouldn't you? We aren't likely to see that!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts