GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all started from this place once upon a time so I am asking for some advice from the xperts. I am going to get on the GPS bandwagon. I've got it down to between 2 Garmin units, the 2610 and the 2720. What are the +s and -s of each unit. I am going to mount it on my GL1800 Champion Trike. Besides some type of mounting hardware, what else do I need? I have a Tulsa X-Tall windshield.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello the 2610 is cheaper as it is being discontinued (I think..ON NO not again) getfeetwet 459 I orded mine & just checked a couple of days ago...chuck

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I just got the Garmin 2720 on eBay...new $511...can't tell you + or - yet...good luck with your choice...remember the 2610 is discontinued by Garmin...
http://www.garmin.com/products/sp2610/

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
I just got the Garmin 2720 on eBay...new $511...can't tell you + or - yet...good luck with your choice...remember the 2610 is discontinued by Garmin...
http://www.garmin.com/products/sp2610/
Yes...discontinued, but still supported! I like the feature of the CF card instead of the hard drive. JMHO

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
No hard drive on the 2720...its all Flash memory...just cant add additional memory...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
gwlrhfarm said:
No hard drive on the 2720...its all Flash memory...just cant add additional memory...
Oooops! Sorry, I was thinking about the 2620. :oops:

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Having owned both, either one will serve you very well.
I like the color of the screen on the 2720..a little clearer and better in the sun.
The 2720 will show the maps or route in 22D or 3D.
Biggest difference, the 2720 supports custom POI ( points of Interest) which means you can download custom POIs as in all the Honda dealers in USA, can't do this with the 2610...

But as I said, either one will be fine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts