GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't really seem to find a helmet that fits me as good as the Scorpion does,but thinking about trying a different brand.

So what other brands make helmets for heads that fit a Scorpion.....??I think my head is kinda oblong........the wife thinks it's just empty,LOL

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I wear a Nolan N104 and tried on a Scorpion the other day and it seemed to fit fine. Didn't wear it very long though. A word of warning to the Nolan I've heard that it's hard for get a headset for them that will fit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was told when Scorpion came out that the lead engineers were from Arai and started there own company so I would try Arai. Each company will cater to a diff head round oval ect.. The Scorpion and Arai is to a oval fit and HJC, Bell others to a round head, you need to test fit a helment before you just order one. The sizes are not all the same either, a large in HJC is not the same as a L in Arai, I wear a XL in HJC and Shoei but a XL Aria will not fit I had to go to a XXXL . Hope you find one that will fit..

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
The new Shoei NeoTech has a similar feel. Arai has a choice of shapes but does not come in a flip up model.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,after looking at Shoei,I really like the RF1100 helmet....now to try one on.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I bought two scorpions last year and really like the helmet. I bought the highway florescent green so we would be more vi-sable to other traffic and boy do they work. We have had so many comments about them that I know that we are seen . The only thing that I do not like is that they faded a lot in one summer and I have not had any response back as to why . When we are not using them they are hanging in our garage.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I bought two scorpions last year and really like the helmet. I bought the highway florescent green so we would be more vi-sable to other traffic and boy do they work. We have had so many comments about them that I know that we are seen . The only thing that I do not like is that they faded a lot in one summer and I have not had any response back as to why . When we are not using them they are hanging in our garage.
I've heard that about almost all of the day-glo green helmets...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
For my head, the Shoei's fit a lot like the Scorpion, only maybe a little better.

·
Registered
397 Posts
my first helmet was a scorpion exo 900. I liked it, but was showing significant signs of wear after 1 season. Second season switched to a Gmax GM54s fit was very similar to the scorpion. I have a long oval head shape.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wear a Scorpion 400 and my newer helmet is a Shoei RF1100.
Comfort wise they are similar. I still use the Scorpion in the rain, but the RF is fitted with bluetooth set to talk with the wife.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
my first helmet was a scorpion exo 900. I liked it, but was showing significant signs of wear after 1 season...
Are you saying that the Exo900 only lasts 1 year?... I am considering buying one, but won't if that's all it will last... I'm used to getting 10yrs out of a helmet, like my last Arai.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Are you saying that the Exo900 only lasts 1 year?... I am considering buying one, but won't if that's all it will last... I'm used to getting 10yrs out of a helmet, like my last Arai.
I've had mine for three years now and still like it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mine only lasted one season, in fairness to the helmet, it was my first riding season and i was not sure which configuration I would prefer. I changed it a bunch before deciding on the modular config. At the end of the first season the bottom trim at the modular visor interface was starting to come loose and seperate. Instead of trying to make another season out of it, I changed to a modular all the time helmet. I liked the Scorpion, but in truth I only bought it to try out the modular and 3/4 helmet with visor for the price of one helmet.
Third season and on my third helmet now.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
My 400 lost the rear spoiler after 2 years and my 1000 lost a vent cover in less than a year. Really like the Scorpion buckets for fit and comfort but durability just doesn't seem to be there.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have 2 Scorpion EXO 900's. One for the Wing and one for the Concours. I have over 30,000 miles (2 yrs) on the Wings and almost 18,000 (1 yr) on the other. Both still look and feel like new. I also have a EXO400 which I bought in Jan '09 that I still use occasionally and it still looks pretty good. It's starting to show some slight wear on the interior.

Before I went to Scorpions I was wearing Arai's for many years. They had more trim problems than any of my Scorpions. I had to send 2 of them back to Arai just to redo all the trim. But I was still very happy with them also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
bell

i went to the local motoprimo bike shop,tried on every brand helmet on the market ,figured out that the bell helmet fit best,then went home went on ebay and bought the bell full face vortec,awesome helmet ,glad i did the home work,love the helmet, tons of vents,looking at buying the transitions shield, that just came out recently,but it costs 120 bucks,buy the way the helmet cost 90 dollars on ebay ,189 at the store

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1031122001.jpg Hers'a a pic of my Exo 900 Scorpion.....it's got a little fade on the top,LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts