GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best Arm Rest to assist my wife with our long rides.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I'm bad with names, but we have the ones that bolt under the passenger grips. My wife likes them a lot, but when she has her 20 oz. Butler cup on it, it kind of gets in her way.

Having the arm rests make her feel more secure when she naps.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I am sorry,forgot the name,but we have the set that attaches to the trunk.I installed them and it was easy.Only thing is that you are real nervous when they are pointed away from the bike,as someone could lean on themin the out position and snap them offof the trunk.
Did not go with the ones qattached to the grip,as you would have to take themof every time you had to take the seat off for any reason.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have the Big Bike
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =827105120

I had the Markland that mount to the antenna mounts on the trunk on my 1500. Wife likes the Big Bike better and I did have trouble with the Markland not being as solid and needing to be retighted.

The Big Bike mount under the seat handles and does not make seat removal any more difficult. I like them because if I travel alone I use a duffel bag on the rear seat and I remove them for extra room.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My wife likes her Kuryakyn!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I went for the Kurakyn setup, (twice!)

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =827105120

The chrome was bad on the first set, my dealer took care of it for me 6 months later. Current unit is still perfect.

The armrests don't get in the way of my wife mounting and dimounting the bike, she likes the way the support her arms. Personally I think they are the best looking setup available.

I also like the built in cup holder! It's a great place to put your coffee cup (or beer) while BS'ing at your local bike hangout on Saturday's. It's not a very secure place for anything while riding though.

I added a RAM mount to the bottom of the left armrest to attach my wife's Butler Cup to (also adapted to a Ram Mount).

I

·
0 Posts
Big Bike (AddOn). Work great and you can open trunk without swinging them out. No way can they damage the trunk tupperware in the event of a tip over, heavy load, etc. They bolt to the passenger hand holds.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Arm Rest

wife likes the Kuryakyn with built in cup holder, only draw back would be that to fully open the trunk arm rests have to be swung out. Tom

·
Registered
375 Posts
Big Bike! The SO has always demanded arm rests. The absolute best ones were on my 1986 Venture Royale. They were load bearing and solid, plus they locked in the center position. SO was able to take a short snooze with no fear of leaning over too far and having them swing open.

The worst were on a Kawasaki. They attached to the trunk. The trunk ended up with cracks!

The Big Bike ones are great. They are load bearing, so the SO can use them for mount/dismount and also for shifting her sitting position while riding. They mount under the passenger hand grips so seat removal is not compromised in any way. And, the trunk opens without having to swing them open. When the armrests are swung open, they do interfer with opening the trunk.

I love them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts