GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Service Manual Recommendation

• Honda Factory Service Manual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clymer Service Manual

• Fred Harmon Videos

• Other

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one manual, or source, for the do-it-yourself guy / gal, that stands out amongst the rest? I have an 01 and let the Factory Service Manual go with it when I sold it. I am now about to take delivery of an 02, and not anxious to invest hundreds of dollars in manuals.

1) Factory Service Manual
2) Clymer
3) Fred Harmons Videos
4) Other

All opinions and guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
If you are only going to have one of the service manuals/DVDs in your list, it would have to be the Honda factory service manual. Optimum would be both the factory service manual and Fred's DVDs. I wouldn't be without either of them. JMO

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I have all three! So I voted for all of them!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you are only going to have one of the service manuals/DVDs in your list, it would have to be the Honda factory service manual. Optimum would be both the factory service manual and Fred's DVDs. I wouldn't be without either of them. JMO
\

Got both. The printed factory service manual and Fred's DVD's. I don't have a laptop, so if I need to look up something when working on the bike the printed manual is handier.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I should have voted for all 4 options because of the fantastic help I have gotten from fellow forum members!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Fred's DVD's and factory manual. Almost perfect together.
I would also add this board. While installing my CB some years ago, I had a code come up on the screen. Ran up to my PC, didn't have a laptop at the time, and within 5 minutes, I had the solution.
The answers on the board are not all correct, but it sometimes gives you a starting point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts