GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm looking for an MP3 player that ties into the CD connection under the seat. Now the one hitch is that I would like to connect my Garmin 660, and through the Garmin would be my iPhone 4. That connection would be by Bluetooth. I have found 2 possible solutions, and I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight.

My first find was the J&M unit http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18

The second find was the MP3 unit http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-Digital-Music-Player-V3-HGW-IPD-V3P.htm

The price difference made me curious for starters. I'm riding a 2010 level 4 wing. I not connected to XM radio which seems to complicate the hardware slightly on both units.

Any input would be appreciated .

Thanks

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Hello All,
I'm looking for an MP3 player that ties into the CD connection under the seat. Now the one hitch is that I would like to connect my Garmin 660, and through the Garmin would be my iPhone 4. That connection would be by Bluetooth. I have found 2 possible solutions, and I was wondering if anyone could offer any insight.

My first find was the J&M unit http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18

The second find was the MP3 unit http://www.bikemp3.com/GL1800-Digital-Music-Player-V3-HGW-IPD-V3P.htm

The price difference made me curious for starters. I'm riding a 2010 level 4 wing. I not connected to XM radio which seems to complicate the hardware slightly on both units.

Any input would be appreciated .

Thanks
Have you tried connecting an Ipod or thumb drive to the USB connector in the trunk?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have a Garmin 660, iPhone 4 and Sena SMH10R Bluetooth headset.

I have all my iTunes music loaded, both on my iPhone and Garmin 660. It's easier to select music from my 660 while on the move.

I have the Garmin hardwire mount and wiring kits for my 660, one for my Wing and an extra one, I bought, for my sports bike.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Pete might be an active member here but the Bikemp3 player that I got would not work. Pete told me here on another thread to send it back for either a replacement or a refund. I chose the refund of $132.98 and it has been over 4 weeks since I sent it back and still no refund...but plenty of excuses. I am about to get pissed off.

Let me guess... your bike has Navigation...?

3874843.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts

View attachment 57827 [/QUOTE

Yes...it does have navigation. In fact, it has all the options except an air bag, but I was told that it would work just fine with my navi system. It didnt, but it didnt do any damage either to my navigation or the CD read out. I bought a small 8 gig MP3 player on the internet and it works perfect...not a bad deal for $15.00. On a good note...my refund came in today...4-1/2 weeks after I sent it in, but it was for the full amount...$132.98.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts

View attachment 57827

Yes...it does have navigation. In fact, it has all the options except an air bag, but I was told that it would work just fine with my navi system. It didnt, but it didnt do any damage either to my navigation or the CD read out. I bought a small 8 gig MP3 player on the internet and it works perfect...not a bad deal for $15.00. On a good note...my refund came in today...4-1/2 weeks after I sent it in, but it was for the full amount...$132.98.
Yeah... there is something about NAV units that is causing issues. I've had my player for seven months, and it has never worked correctly on mine with NAV. I'm waiting to try a new version... that was supposed to arrive a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah... there is something about NAV units that is causing issues. I've had my player for seven months, and it has never worked correctly on mine with NAV. I'm waiting to try a new version... that was supposed to arrive a few weeks ago.

My son got tired of listening to my belly-aching and he bought this for me...

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapters/honda_acura_03+_03+_usb_android_ipod_bluetooth_adapter_direct_digital_interface.html

I connected it up and it has been flawless...works perfectly with no issues. I have a 2 gig flash drive in it with 6 folders and 99 songs on folders 1 thru 5 and about 50 songs in folder 6. The CD player has 6 cd's so the unit also requires no more than 6 folders. You can control anything and everything from the handlebars. It is simple to install and it fires right up whenever I turn the key on and picks up where it left off when I turn the key off. Plug your flash drive into a port on your computer and create your folders, then copy your music. This thing plays anything...not just mp3 files...a definite bonus.

Another bonus...you do not need any additional parts as the unit comes complete with everything that you will need to connect to your wing.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts